Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Y2Julio

Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Yea I got the copy. The way it's worded seemed you had the option for bus driver or conductor, not that the drug screening was ONLY for bus driver. What's the problem with all the other bus operator lists that are out there to be tapping into the conductor one?

Yea I got the copy. The way it's worded seemed you had the option for bus driver or conductor, not that the drug screening was ONLY for bus driver. What's the problem with all the other bus operator lists that are out there to be tapping into the conductor one?

Numerous theories come to my mind as to why, but that's just what they are. It's mighty strange but it's probably happened before. It sucks that you guys had to go down there just to decline, they should have had a better system in place and not be so vague about it. It's also weird that DCAS has last eligible certified at 2300, but so many people in between that range aren't on outstanding certification. When I first came into this forum someone said "the MTA works in mysterious ways" lol.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="poughkipsee" data-cid="630373" data-time="1357748754"><p>

Yea I got the copy. The way it's worded seemed you had the option for bus driver or conductor, not that the drug screening was ONLY for bus driver. What's the problem with all the other bus operator lists that are out there to be tapping into the conductor one?</p></blockquote>

I know right? This is some back to the future bs.

One of the theories I heard is that the 8006 list for TA B/O is being exhausted. If that turns out to be true, they deserved that for 1-in-3ing those people earlier in that list.

If people got disqualified using that 1 in 3 rule, shouldn't they get first choice over someone from a completely different list? They tested for bus operator, I didn't, why should I get preference over them?

So its been 2 months since I went in for pre-employment on Nov 5th. Has anyone that went that day got a call back yet?? Sorry but I'm real anxious to start with MTA. Yea I love transit alot ^_^

Major question for those that got their employment letter yesterday or today and are suppose to appear on 1/8.

I got a letter as well yesterday and i'm mid 900 on the conductor list BUT the letter I got says this is to fill immediate Bus Operator vacancies if I want that job, but if I pass on this B/O position my name will still be called when my list number for Conductor is reached.

So did you all get a letter to come in for the Conductor position or a letter to fill for Bus Operator position if you choose to?

I to got that letter. Never heard of anything like this. It's exciting and scary. I aslo got  a preemployment letter for b/o exam 2301. How exactly does this work? Do I just go through the process with both and see who calls 1st? anyone please help!!!

I to got that letter. Never heard of anything like this. It's exciting and scary. I aslo got  a preemployment letter for b/o exam 2301. How exactly does this work? Do I just go through the process with both and see who calls 1st? anyone please help!!!

Well what do you want to do? You want to be a Bus Operator or a subway Conductor? If you're going for B/O make sure you already have a CDL license.

@ptyler: If you are going for B/O, try taking the TA (8094) position if you can. Based on what you are saying here and in the 2301 thread, this way you might have 1: less hassle by bypassing the BOSS (straight to pre-employment for you) and 2: You'll keep your name on the C/R list in case something unfavorable happens.

On a side note you said you are in the 1100's on the 8094 list?!? Well, I guess what's old is new again as far as this list goes now... At least back in the days you would actually be applying for a combined bus operator/conductor exam, instead of finding out later that the exam you applied for is good for another position too.

What are they telling you at 180 Liv about this mix up? They should be apologizing to people unless there giving you a choice to take the bus operator position.

@ptyler: If you are going for B/O, try taking the TA (8094) position if you can. Based on what you are saying here and in the 2301 thread, this way you might have 1: less hassle by bypassing the BOSS (straight to pre-employment for you) and 2: You'll keep your name on the C/R list in case something unfavorable happens.

On a side note you said you are in the 1100's on the 8094 list?!? Well, I guess what's old is new again as far as this list goes now... At least back in the days you would actually be applying for a combined bus operator/conductor exam, instead of finding out later that the exam you applied for is good for another position too.

I tried calling but a live person can't be reached. I'm just going to go to the appointment in show them my letters from MTA BUS and NYCTA/TA and see what they say. Thanks for the advice and info Paulrivera. I'll let you kno what happens. Oh, btw I do have my cdl license so I guess thats a plus. 

Turns out the letter was there this morning; the mail mustve came late yesterday :P

I report 1/8...

Question about the employment info: Do volunteer and internship jobs count?

Volunteer: No

Internship: Only if paid

Soooo... Ladies and Gents anything new on the home front? Whats the last # called and whats the 411 on letters going out with a choice in titles? Has anyone been to Livingston lately?  Any new school car classes scheduled? B-)  

Go back to posts made in November and December. That's how long ago the last person (about 890-something) was called for C/R and was actually being processed for C/R and not B/O. According to my math, 100-300 people after that got letters for B/O only (if you wanted C/R instead they wouldn't process you if you went to Livingston for your drug test) and HR supposedly doesn't know when C/R's will actually be called for a C/R position.

Go back to posts made in November and December. That's how long ago the last person (about 890-something) was called for C/R and was actually being processed for C/R and not B/O. According to my math, 100-300 people after that got letters for B/O only (if you wanted C/R instead they wouldn't process you if you went to Livingston for your drug test) and HR supposedly doesn't know when C/R's will actually be called for a C/R position.

One of the reasons for asking was that I read through on both threads and was looking for new info. But Thanks you gave me a little more up to date info. So I will be watching. 

No C/R classes this winter per numerous Instructors. 

Yeah it looks like they could have filled their quota for now....

They do need T/O's still lotta guys are leaving they are going to be shorthanded....

No C/R classes this winter per numerous Instructors. 

Yeah it looks like they could have filled their quota for now....

They do need T/O's still lotta guys are leaving they are going to be shorthanded....

Well February 16th marks one full year list 8094 has been active and already the list is somewhere in the wee 900's. I'd say that isn't too shabby indeed. However, I think the pace of hiring is going to be much slower from here on out. What hurts is those guys and gals that are right next in line for schoolcar classes to suddenly have to wait several months more to get called up, not to mention having to retake drug examinations. The NEXT MTA subway C/O exam is going to be quite interesting, because even more people from the late 80's and early 90's will be considering retirement and we might have a brand new subway line if current projections are accurate.

RTOMan do you remember approximately how many people were hired back from your 2001 exam?

Looks like I made a mistake, list 8094 has been open since February 2011 marking two years this February. On second thought this list is going slow lol.

Edited by Xentor

RTOMan do you remember approximately how many people were hired back from your 2001 exam?

A whole lot not sure on the Numbers though!

Well February 16th marks one full year list 8094 has been active and already the list is somewhere in the wee 900's.

8094 has been active since 2011.....everyone who got a 100 on the exam has already been called, so those who are still waiting are waiting because they got questions wrong on the exam.

Edited by Snowblock

Well February 16th marks one full year list 8094 has been active and already the list is somewhere in the wee 900's. I'd say that isn't too shabby indeed. However, I think the pace of hiring is going to be much slower from here on out. What hurts is those guys and gals that are right next in line for schoolcar classes to suddenly have to wait several months more to get called up, not to mention having to retake drug examinations. The NEXT MTA subway C/O exam is going to be quite interesting, because even more people from the late 80's and early 90's will be considering retirement and we might have a brand new subway line if current projections are accurate.

Looks like I made a mistake, list 8094 has been open since February 2011 marking two years this February. On second thought this list is going slow lol.

I took the 2001 exam and just missed getting called and I remember my list # was in the 3000 range somewhere....

• Upvote 1

I took the 2001 exam and just missed getting called and I remember my list # was in the 3000 range somewhere....

Yeah I remember now a few people in the forum stated so. This list is going to have to seriously pick up the pace to get anywhere near 3000. I'm sorry to hear you didn't get called up, if you are on this one good luck and thx for the info.

Yeah I remember now a few people in the forum stated so. This list is going to have to seriously pick up the pace to get anywhere near 3000. I'm sorry to hear you didn't get called up, if you are on this one good luck and thx for the info.

Thank man. I did re-take the test and my list # for this one is in the 1200 range...so im not too far away. That # is so much better than 3000 something lol. With that list # one would have thought I got a horrible score and I actually scored a 94 lol. I think my chances are far better this time for sure..

hi guys and gals im curious i got called for conductor but sent my paper work back saying i cant accept at this time because im still dealing with my dads death and lawyers and helping my mom who has a disabilty.i plan on reinstating my list # in the summer 2013.whats the process,where do i go,and most important how long will it take them i call me back in for processing after i reinstate my list # please respond thanks all.

hi guys and gals im curious i got called for conductor but sent my paper work back saying i cant accept at this time because im still dealing with my dads death and lawyers and helping my mom who has a disabilty.i plan on reinstating my list # in the summer 2013.whats the process,where do i go,and most important how long will it take them i call me back in for processing after i reinstate my list # please respond thanks all.

i tink you have to call dcas to get your name put back on the list is the starting spot!!!!