Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Y2Julio

Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

i tink you have to call dcas to get your name put back on the list is the starting spot!!!!

thanks ill wait to do that this is confusing now i just got a letter for 8094 also for bus operator i took conductor but also offering be a bus operator position im confused here. but still have to reinstate for either one in summer .but want conductor

Just got a pre-employment letter for Conductor (Rev. Veh)....down to 180 on Friday I go...lower 900's.

My List Number Is 1943, Fingers Crossed Tight I Get A Call Within The Next Year, Or At Least Before The List Expires In 2015 

I Scored A 96 On The Test

Just got a pre-employment letter for Conductor (Rev. Veh)....down to 180 on Friday I go...lower 900's.

What Was Your List Number?

I'm currently in T/O schoolcar, but God-forbid anything goes wrong (practical failed, signal exam failed), I will keep conductor as my "doomsday option."

How do I go about finding the exact information I need to bring when im summoned. Suck as birth certificate, social security, etc..

I looked on the forum and couldn't find that info

I would appreciate it if you guys can lt me know about that. thanks!

Mass why do you care? You will never be called for this position.

hey just wanted to ask you a question cuz you seem to shoot straight from the hip and dont sugar coat anything

i have a list number of 1943 (i scored a 96 on the test)  they're currently somewhere in the lower 900s on the list and they are expected to call around 2400 before the list expires in 2015  with that said do you think I have a good chance to be called before the list expires? i seen you had a really good idea about estimations for these things, thank you for listening

about calling up to your list # by the time the list expires is anyones guess. It all depends on how many conductors they need. Next when they call you up they need Birth, SS card Photo ID. and any court papers if you got in trouble with the law.

about calling up to your list # by the time the list expires is anyones guess. It all depends on how many conductors they need. Next when they call you up they need Birth, SS card Photo ID. and any court papers if you got in trouble with the law.

thanks man.

hey just wanted to ask you a question cuz you seem to shoot straight from the hip and dont sugar coat anything

i have a list number of 1943 (i scored a 96 on the test)  they're currently somewhere in the lower 900s on the list and they are expected to call around 2400 before the list expires in 2015  with that said do you think I have a good chance to be called before the list expires? i seen you had a really good idea about estimations for these things, thank you for listening

"1943" I used to play that game all the time on my NES. The reason he said that is because mass's list number is very high, plus he doesn't like him. Many people in the forum use the last 2 conductor exams as an indication as to how many will be called up for 8094. On both exams the list went up to the very very low  3000's. So if you had applied to the 2001 or 2004 conductor examinations based on your score now, you would have had your shot at schoolcar and would have possibly been hired you see. Many people (including myself) are hoping it goes that high again, but really, no one really knows. There are people that work for transit posting here everyday, including schoolcar instructors and even they don't know or have any approximate explanations. All we have is "anything below 3000 and you might get called up" and right now it doesn't look so good. If transit actually did this on a steady pace matching the previous two years the list has been active, then 8094 will probably reach around or close to 2000. However, they don't do this at any measurable pace. It all depends on how many conductors Transit will be needing. Frankly speaking if people like us don't get in then it's our fault for not scoring a clear %100 on the exam, that's they way I see it. When I walked out the testing center, I was happy and thought I scored a perfect 100 like I went in to do. When the exam answers were released I noticed I had 1 wrong answer, bummer! Boy was I pissed because I knew this thing takes forever and there are thousands of applicants.Then I think about a year later I called DCAS and found out I scored a stupid common score of 97, so I guess I screwed up when I wrote down the answers before leaving the testing center (if one cant even get this right they barely deserve the job) and now I gotta get lucky and play the waiting game. Hoping without any malicious intent whatsoever that transit workers might get wiff of being screwed out their hard EARNED pensions from some union/MTA or government nonsense so that they can retire quicker without paying much of a price. Even this is bad, because it will eventually affect you should you get in, but this is the kind of crap a guy with your score needs to hope for. Good luck.

• Upvote 2

"1943" I used to play that game all the time on my NES. The reason he said that is because mass's list number is very high, plus he doesn't like him. Many people in the forum use the last 2 conductor exams as an indication as to how many will be called up for 8094. On both exams the list went up to the very very low  3000's. So if you had applied to the 2001 or 2004 conductor examinations based on your score now, you would have had your shot at schoolcar and would have possibly been hired you see. Many people (including myself) are hoping it goes that high again, but really, no one really knows. There are people that work for transit posting here everyday, including schoolcar instructors and even they don't know or have any approximate explanations. All we have is "anything below 3000 and you might get called up" and right now it doesn't look so good. If transit actually did this on a steady pace matching the previous two years the list has been active, then 8094 will probably reach around or close to 2000. However, they don't do this at any measurable pace. It all depends on how many conductors Transit will be needing. Frankly speaking if people like us don't get in then it's our fault for not scoring a clear %100 on the exam, that's they way I see it. When I walked out the testing center, I was happy and thought I scored a perfect 100 like I went in to do. When the exam answers were released I noticed I had 1 wrong answer, bummer! Boy was I pissed because I knew this thing takes forever and there are thousands of applicants.Then I think about a year later I called DCAS and found out I scored a stupid common score of 97, so I guess I screwed up when I wrote down the answers before leaving the testing center (if one cant even get this right they barely deserve the job) and now I gotta get lucky and play the waiting game. Hoping without any malicious intent whatsoever that transit workers might get wiff of being screwed out their hard EARNED pensions from some union/MTA or government nonsense so that they can retire quicker without paying much of a price. Even this is bad, because it will eventually affect you should you get in, but this is the kind of crap a guy with your score needs to hope for. Good luck.

Well thats being pretty hard on yourself, but ok. thanks for the words. I have a more optimistic outlook on my chances but know that nothing is promised. 

So I went in for the drug test and pre-employment this morning. I was told by HR that their next class is 3/11. They also hinted that I might get called next week. Here's hoping for the best.....

Edited by Q33toLaGuardia

So I went in for the drug test and pre-employment this morning. I was told by HR that their next class is 3/11. They also hinted that I might get called next week. Here's hoping for the best.....

good luck, any idea how big the class is?

so i called the MTA HR dept and a women told me the last number hired was 748, DCAS hotline said 861, and someone here said the low 900's

i dunno what to believe :( 

If the results of the section pick are any indication, they are going to be needing more C/R's very soon. LOTS of jobs got left unfilled. Word is that 10 T/O's and 10 C/R's have been retiring every WEEK since 2013 started.

• Upvote 2

I was told the same...

Well thats being pretty hard on yourself, but ok. thanks for the words. I have a more optimistic outlook on my chances but know that nothing is promised. 

It's not that I'm being hard on myself, I'm just being realistic. It's just better to stick with the truth rather BS myself for 5+ years.  If you are going to get a call it's going to be sometime around early to mid 2014 and by that time I'm almost positive Transit will begin skipping a few people here and there with their 1-3 rule. So in a way it's not just a matter of waiting, you also need to be somewhat lucky with list numbers over 1500. This is just my opinion and doesn't have to be commonly shared.

Edited by Xentor

If the results of the section pick are any indication, they are going to be needing more C/R's very soon. LOTS of jobs got left unfilled. Word is that 10 T/O's and 10 C/R's have been retiring every WEEK since 2013 started.

Sounds like good news for us hopefuls, I love you man!  :blush:

I have a list number of 4,011 I scored a 93.333 up until I assumed that this was a good score. Should I continue holding onto high hopes or just give on it?

I have a list number of 4,011 I scored a 93.333 up until I assumed that this was a good score. Should I continue holding onto high hopes or just give on it?

Honestly, just give on it. I scored a 94 back in 2004 and had a list # in the 3000 range and didn't get called. Soooo many people take the test now, unless your under 3000 (and even that # isn't a guarantee) I wouldn't hold my breath. Never know..another test may come out soon just do better next time