Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well "im 1165 and I havent gotten anything if their up 2 2300 for medical? I will be calling them tomorrow.

It's not that high for medical. I'm in the 980s and I go for the initial drug test in the morning. Good luck to those heading to Brooklyn in a few hours. I'll be the one with the (1) on my headband :)

So I scored a 94.666. There up to 2300, but they call 861. My list number is 2694. Is there any chance I will be called?

im pretty sure 2300 is the amount of people (as of today) that they expect to call from the list by the time it expires, they havent called down anyone in the 1000's yet 

Thank you for the updates people and congrats to those who are being sworn in. According to just this thread the inital call ups are @ around 980 - ish and appointed is at 860. Am I correct?

I'm not sure what the call ups are at, but I know two people in the 870's who are in for final processing right now and being sworn in today. I'm not sure if the class is going to be 20 or 40 people, so the appointed as of today is probably between 880 and 900. Good luck!

I officially got sworn in today for Conductor!!!! I report on March 11th. I cant wait!!! :D 860s here

Congrats bro,I got the call today to come down Monday the 25th for medical. See you in the class march 11

I officially got sworn in today for Conductor!!!! I report on March 11th. I cant wait!!! :D 860s here

do you get metro card, and uniform the day you're sworn in?

Congrats bro,I got the call today to come down Monday the 25th for medical. See you in the class march 11

do you get metro card, and uniform the day you're sworn in?

You get the metrocar/id on your 1st day of class 3/11 and uniforms come a few days or weeks later.

It can be more like months and even YEARS for pieces of the uniform. No, I'm not exaggerating. I was here for 13 months before I finally got the last sweater.

He's not kidding!  I sent back 2 commando sweaters and 2 baseball caps because they didn't have the MTA logo on them 2 months ago and still haven't gotten anything back!

Well... time to admit to something on my end... because of health and family reasons I have decided not to pursue the opportunity to become a conductor as of now. The health reasons are related to my sinus and hypertension, and my family reasons are because my mother wants to settle down in a new apartment, preferably out of state (our apartment now is going down the crapper) and we really don't have anybody else here who can help us with that (plus there is a language barrier on my mom's end).

Bottom line: I am needed elsewhere, the TA doesnt need me. I'm not going to waste my own time, their time, or anybody else's time. I'm not going to accept a position just to either leave it after a few months or end up on a medical hold. I didnt lose anything by applying for the exam (fee waiver) and when I applied it was a different time.

Never say never though, in theory I have until 2014 to start the process. Some might say I'm giving up a hell of an opportunity, but I don't want to intrude on anyone else's opportunity when I am not completely ready while having other things on my plate. I find it better to leave the potential opportunity on the side waiting than burn myself out and waste it later.

No shame.

Well... time to admit to something on my end... because of health and family reasons I have decided not to pursue the opportunity to become a conductor as of now. The health reasons are related to my sinus and hypertension, and my family reasons are because my mother wants to settle down in a new apartment, preferably out of state (our apartment now is going down the crapper) and we really don't have anybody else here who can help us with that (plus there is a language barrier on my mom's end).

Bottom line: I am needed elsewhere, the TA doesnt need me. I'm not going to waste my own time, their time, or anybody else's time. I'm not going to accept a position just to either leave it after a few months or end up on a medical hold. I didnt lose anything by applying for the exam (fee waiver) and when I applied it was a different time.

Never say never though, in theory I have until 2014 to start the process. Some might say I'm giving up a hell of an opportunity, but I don't want to intrude on anyone else's opportunity when I am not completely ready while having other things on my plate. I find it better to leave the potential opportunity on the side waiting than burn myself out and waste it later.

No shame.

Well, that's good news for the others. However, that's a real shame. The very fact you paid and applied for this position and waited all this time means that it means something to you. Sure, you can be put on medical hold but that's something you can take care of by going to a doctor and getting it under control unless you have a very severe heart condition, you taken a look at some of these mammoths working in RTO or MTA bus lately? Surely you can do the job if they can. If you move out of state because of your mother then you can forget about Transit or at the very least it will be surely a miserable commute that can make anyone reconsider. Sometimes you have to put yourself in a good spot and do what's best for yourself first before you can help and do what is best for loved ones.

question how long does it take to have your list # reinstated for conductor.i plan on doing this the end of june.to be in the august or sept class please reply.if you were reinstated how long did it take.dcas wont give me or mta a time frame but i know of many others on here that were reinstated cant find the post

Archived