Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone I am new to this site I received letter to take boss exam too. My list #for conductors is 2200 why did they send out letters for bus operator? Does this mean you have chance to become bus driver quicker them conductor?

Hello everyone I am new to this site I received letter to take boss exam too. My list #for conductors is 2200 why did they send out letters for bus operator? Does this mean you have chance to become bus driver quicker them conductor?

Just a little history for those who are wondering why they are getting letters for B/O instead of C/R. Once upon a time, there was 1 exam for both Bus Operator and Conductor. Based on who(Surface or RTO) needed manpower first, you get called to start the hiring process for one of those titles. I guess they need a lot of B/Os in the near future, so they are sending letters to C/R hopefuls if they are interested.

That letter is not an indication that they are close to calling you for the C/R title.

The last list number I saw in 180 Livingston was 1078 on April 1,2013

l

Jruiz the last list number was for conductor right? And do you know if the person was taking the medical or just starting the process.

I received the same latter today but take note if you take the BO position your name will be remove from the C/R list. My appointment is on the 8th of this month, I will be going for it since its a TA BO position which im a MTA BUS BO.

I received the same latter today but take note if you take the BO position your name will be remove from the C/R list. .

No it won't, try reading the letter

- Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk

I received the same latter today but take note if you take the BO position your name will be remove from the C/R list. My appointment is on the 8th of this month, I will be going for it since its a TA BO position which im a MTA BUS BO.

Good Luck brother definitely take the civil service status when it's offered. You don't have much to lose anyway. How long have you worked for MTA bus?

Good Luck brother definitely take the civil service status when it's offered. You don't have much to lose anyway. How long have you worked for MTA bus?

Thanks willbx. I will make two years on the 22nd of this month, I spoke to my union yesterday and he told me to go for it, plus he told me I may not have to take the BOSS since im in the system already, my appointment date is on the 8th of may.

Thanks willbx. I will make two years on the 22nd of this month, I spoke to my union yesterday and he told me to go for it, plus he told me I may not have to take the BOSS since im in the system already, my appointment date is on the 8th of may.

Be sure to weigh out the differences in the pension.  Remember, as of April last year (2012) TA is no longer NYCERS Tier IV but Tier VI.  There is a lower cap and greater contribution rate.  As a matter of fact, as of April this year (2013) the contribution rate for Tier VI members is no longer the standard 3% but is adjusted according to how much you earn.

Be sure to weigh out the differences in the pension.  Remember, as of April last year (2012) TA is no longer NYCERS Tier IV but Tier VI.  There is a lower cap and greater contribution rate.  As a matter of fact, as of April this year (2013) the contribution rate for Tier VI members is no longer the standard 3% but is adjusted according to how much you earn.

Yea that's one of my question I was going to ask will still be under Tier lV since im already in the system, also overall wouldn't TierVl be better then MTA BUS 105 pension in the long run?

Yea that's one of my question I was going to ask will still be under Tier lV since im already in the system, also overall wouldn't TierVl be better then MTA BUS 105 pension in the long run?

That's why I was saying weigh the two options.  I'm not sure of the details behind MTA BUS 105 pension.

So as I've mentioned before I'm in the high 900s and the last appointed # is 961. I would normally be excited about this, but when I called the automated system today it said "you are NOT currently on an outstanding certification" although I was up to about a week or so ago. Does anyone know if this might be my certification is not outstanding because they are going to call me soon, or if this means I'm not on outstanding cert. because they have taken me off the list and aren't going to call me? (although I have nothing against me so I'm not sure why) 

Forgot to post being so disgruntled!!...got a 1 in 3 letter for this exam last week. I was in the 920's....Pretty upset, this happened with Bus Op #8006 with me as well, guess the 3rd times a charm eventually....what I am concerned about now is that I went in for the #8094 Bus Op situation and took the BOSS as well, am I exempt from that too?

:angry:

Just called and spoke to a liason. He says the outstanding certification status is "for agency purposes only" and simply indicates that the list is "back in house" again -- so I think this means they are calling people again, because he said it doesn't mean I'm off the list, just haven't been gotten to yet. Fingers grossed. RCVW I'm sorry you got a 1 in 3 letter -- could you elaborate a bit on what that is and how it works? I've been so nervous about it I've sort of been avoiding learning what that could mean for me and what to look out for as signs that I've been a victim of it (besides an actual letter).

I should also ask whether 1 in 3 applies before or after pre-employment -- are you out of the woods with this if you've already done pre-employment. My apologies in advance, this is just confusing as hell.

I give you this:

The 1 in 3 rule explained:

-Of the next 3 names on an eligible list, transit must OFFER employment to at least one of those 3.

In other words:

-Transit gives you a drug test and you fail. You were offered employment.

-Transit gives you a medical, you fail, and do not resolve the medical hold. You were offered employment.

-Transit offers you the job, you decline it. You were offered employment.

Transit finds 3 employees in consecutive list order with undesirable attributes in their file. Transit must still offer employment to at least one of them.

If Transit is going to use the 1 in 3 on someone, it must be for a reason - something they found in the person's file or when background checking them, or if the person previously worked for Transit, something in their work history at Transit.

1 in 3 is applied pre-employment...as in "considered, not appointed". If you are terminated for something after accepting the position (lying or making a mistake on your application, for example), that is not them using the 1 in 3 rule. That's you failing the background check.

So if you've done pre-employment, you're out of the woods for 1 in 3, but that's it. Other things can still get you, which is why it's so important you fill out everything to the best of your knowledge and ability, and once in schoolcar, learn the job to the best of your ability as everything you ever do in transit will go into your file.

Ace every quiz/exam, and schoolcar may be more lenient with you when you have an incident than someone who has chronic lateness, absenteeism, and needed excess tutoring during schoolcar.

Archived