Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

Hello everyone I just want to give everyone a heads up I called today and spoke to mrs. Shivers who was every helpful she told me that my letter went out today for a report date of 5/21 my list number is 112# ..

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That 1-3 rule is one serious boogeyman. Aside from being involved in crime or a previous unsavory tenure in Transit, what can they possibly consider an undesirable attribute? Its gotta be things they can find out about you without you filling out the pre-employment booklet, like credit problems, unpaid bills, dishonarable diacharge from the military? What can it be? I hate the fact Transit is so secretive about it and won't even tell you what they bothered and paid to find.

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2

hey everyone list #99X here.... went in on 2/28 for drug screen and got my letter to report back for medical today, just an update for those of you who are wondering how things are moving :)

hey everyone list #99X here.... went in on 2/28 for drug screen and got my letter to report back for medical today, just an update for those of you who are wondering how things are moving :)

Medical is usually a phone call not a letter. I'm #98x and haven't heard back, I drug tested in February as well.

I know of five people that are taking a spot for B/O, six with you. I suppose quite a few are going to MTA Bus from 8094, they just aren't posting. Congrats and good luck to you.

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2

That 1-3 rule is one serious boogeyman. Aside from being involved in crime or a previous unsavory tenure in Transit, what can they possibly consider an undesirable attribute? Its gotta be things they can find out about you without you filling out the pre-employment booklet, like credit problems, unpaid bills, dishonarable diacharge from the military? What can it be? I hate the fact Transit is so secretive about it and won't even tell you what they bothered and paid to find. Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2

And not to get too personal on an open forum...but, I started with the company at 19 years old, still wet behind the ears...I was constantly late, had a few quarrels with customers resulting in numerous violations. Years later as a seasoned employee and a clean record my mistakes in the start have dampened my chances of moving to another division sadly with such 1 in 3 rules and all...good luck to everyone!!

Medical is usually a phone call not a letter. I'm #98x and haven't heard back, I drug tested in February as well.

I thought it was going to be a phone call as well, so i was surprised when I received the letter in the mail. It was actually the same exact letter I received the first time, explaining that there will be a hearing test (which there wasn't- only drug test,) to bring all documents, and to wear business attire. It also included the short employment history form. Has anyone else been told to report back on May 16?

I thought it was going to be a phone call as well, so i was surprised when I received the letter in the mail. It was actually the same exact letter I received the first time, explaining that there will be a hearing test (which there wasn't- only drug test,) to bring all documents, and to wear business attire. It also included the short employment history form. Has anyone else been told to report back on May 16?

What's your list # ?

I received a duplicate pre-employment letter also and to report for 5/17 when I already went on 5/10 you better call and double check because you only get CALLED for final processing.

Received my preemployment letter for bus operator Ta. I really wanted the conductors position but I guess I will take bus operator and hopefully conductors will call me soon .my cousin is bus operator and he said its an ok job. I remember he went for training and went to day 10 and finally made it' boy he was stressed out'

I received a duplicate pre-employment letter also and to report for 5/17 when I already went on 5/10 you better call and double check because you only get CALLED for final processing.

I just got the duplicate C/R pre employment letter saying to report 5/16, yet I did all this in Feb. Going to call Monday to see what's up. Funny how I got this letter but still have yet to receive my initial T/O letter OR it's duplicate...

I called the dcas automated line this weekend and it says that I am on an outstanding certification.

Now I have been here before only to have decertified later. So what's up? I have never talked to anyone at dcas but I might call today.

I just got the duplicate C/R pre employment letter saying to report 5/16, yet I did all this in Feb. Going to call Monday to see what's up. Funny how I got this letter but still have yet to receive my initial T/O letter OR it's duplicate...

So i just called about these duplicate letters... they told me that since the urine test will expire by the time the class starts, they are going to do another urine test and that's why I got the same letter. 

If you call them, can you let me know what they tell you? just want to "compare notes" and make sure that we're all getting the same info here. 

So i just called about these duplicate letters... they told me that since the urine test will expire by the time the class starts, they are going to do another urine test and that's why I got the same letter.

If you call them, can you let me know what they tell you? just want to "compare notes" and make sure that we're all getting the same info here.

I was told the same thing. Have to re do the drug screen since it expires soon, but it's not necessary to fill the paperwork out again. They should have a separate letter when it's just the drug test that needs to be redone. That packet makes it look like starting from the beginning again.

I was told the same thing. Have to re do the drug screen since it expires soon, but it's not necessary to fill the paperwork out again. They should have a separate letter when it's just the drug test that needs to be redone. That packet makes it look like starting from the beginning again.

what should i expect there the first time? I go on the 28th for the first time for pre-employment, Do they go over your background and all that right than and there? Im kind of worried for my license I had it revoked about 5 years ago for a 6 month period, I had 3 moving violation convictions in 18 months  (stupid me i postponed them all and screwed myself, I was under the point limit but made it to close to time of convictions)  But that was all about 5 years ago so I hope thats enough time since that happened for them.

I Have had a clean license since 

So just an update/recap for you all. I received a letter to go in and do my drug test on Feb 20th. Went in, everything went fine and they told me I would hear back in 2-90 days. I then received a letter to come in today (May 15th) explicitly saying that I was being called for medical and the interview (which is usually the final step to getting hired). Inside the envelope, however, was a duplicate of the form I filled out when I went for the drug test. 

When I got there, they told me that my drug test had expired and I would therefore not be taking the medical but would need to do another drug test. My letter did not indicate in any way that there was any setback (aside from the duplicate form -- the letter was different from the one I had received before -- which I assumed was just to check that nothing had changed since the last time I had been to 180 Livingston). I could not get any answers from anyone there other than that there is going to be a class June 12th or 13th and I would just have to see what happens. 

The drug test takes 3 days to process so I'm gong to give them 3 business days before I call back. If I don't get answers that way I'm planning on going down to 180 Livingston in person. What do you guys think about this? I am VERY close to list #961 which was the last hired, so I'm nervous that this is going to cause me to get skipped over completely. What happens if they hire someone ahead of me on the list while I'm waiting for them to call me for a medical that I would already be done with if they hadn't messed up the timing on the drug tests? Am I just out of luck or will they circle back to me again? What are the chances that they will process my drug test and call me back in time for the June class?

Sorry for the many questions, I know I'll get answers (hopefully) when I call but this is all very frustrating. I basically had this job in the bag (I don't have any issues that would disqualify me) and now it seems like it might slip out of my reach because their system is inefficient. 

Archived