Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

Hey - been creeping on this forum for a while; actually since taking the test back in 2008.  I got the letter like everyone else for the BOSS - went down on april 10th for the "survey".  Got another letter to go down on May 21st @7:30am for the, I assume prelim drug test and have to bring a bunch of papers with me filled out.  

What can I expect on the 21st?  An interview, or a background check on the spot, I know a pee test.  But what else?  How long will I be down there for?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Since getting the original letter on March 29th, I have obtained my class B permit with P & School bus (just to have it) with no restrictions.  

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's my birthday today. And I got the great news. Got my phone call am in there this Thurs for final step and was given a start date of June 17th. Thank you God. What a bday.

Happy birthday and congrats. I go for medical on Friday, same 6/17 start date. #98x Barring getting called for T/O, see you in June.

So I'm wondering: once you get sworn in, do they look back into your medical records come time to graduate from school-car or move forward from the 1 year probation? I know people in the process who are just wondering if not disclosing every little ER visit or minor under-control medical issue will bite them later on. Obviously once you're on the job, you certainly don't want to lose it. But at the same time, you do want to get on it in the first place! 

Hey question I went for my drug test on 5/21 does anyone know the waiting period? I was told 2-90 days but if anyone has gone through the process and would let me know the time they waited that would be appreciated .. Thanks.

Hey question I went for my drug test on 5/21 does anyone know the waiting period? I was told 2-90 days but if anyone has gone through the process and would let me know the time they waited that would be appreciated .. Thanks.

i went on the 5/21 also...i hear theres classes in june for b/o

Senior member were you there for bus op?   Does anyone know how quickly they are moving thru the process for the bus operators position and if and when there is a class starting?

class starts in june

Not yet - getting a little anxious with all this talk of a june class coming up - would love to be in that class. 

On another note - my husband who is list number 433x received a letter to go down and take the Survey for Bus Operator but his letter was different than mine.  His said that if he chooses to be considered then he will NOT remain on the conductors list.  I am list number 163x and my letter states that I WILL remain on the conductor's list even though I am going thru with being considered for B/o...I wonder if it's because his list number is so far down that he will NOT remain on the list?

I've waited so long for this...(about 9yrs since I took the test in 04' also and just missed getting called) and now im honestly struggling with whether or not I even want it ! Im currently making slightly more than what they're starting C/R's off with. But the main thing thats bothering me is pretty much the lack of a life im going to have. I remember what my pops went through..and growing up I barely saw him ! Was on a different line everyday..wacky hours....was always missing from every family vacation etc.. I like that I have the opportunity to grow..but man idk. ugh

I've waited so long for this...(about 9yrs since I took the test in 04' also and just missed getting called) and now im honestly struggling with whether or not I even want it ! Im currently making slightly more than what they're starting C/R's off with. But the main thing thats bothering me is pretty much the lack of a life im going to have. I remember what my pops went through..and growing up I barely saw him ! Was on a different line everyday..wacky hours....was always missing from every family vacation etc.. I like that I have the opportunity to grow..but man idk. ugh

Take it, the job gets better with time (as you accrue seniority).  You may be making more on paper but you've got to realize a lot of tricks have built in OT so you will take home more money than anticipated.  Not to mention the benefits and as you stated the opportunity to grow.

Does anyone about about (just a rough avg/est) of how many people they've been calling down to medical per month?

Take it, the job gets better with time (as you accrue seniority).  You may be making more on paper but you've got to realize a lot of tricks have built in OT so you will take home more money than anticipated.  Not to mention the benefits and as you stated the opportunity to grow.

Thanks for the response. Yea i'm definitely probably going to take it, if for no other reason once I turn it down thats it...if I truly feel like I don't want it...I could actually go back to what I'm doing now.

Not yet - getting a little anxious with all this talk of a june class coming up - would love to be in that class. 

On another note - my husband who is list number 433x received a letter to go down and take the Survey for Bus Operator but his letter was different than mine.  His said that if he chooses to be considered then he will NOT remain on the conductors list.  I am list number 163x and my letter states that I WILL remain on the conductor's list even though I am going thru with being considered for B/o...I wonder if it's because his list number is so far down that he will NOT remain on the list?

I think your husband is actually REAL lucky to get the letter to come on down and try out for B/O, being so far down on the list. Most people agree 8094 isn't going to get anywhere near 4000 unless suddenly a thousand people retire. Even Transit knows it, that's probably why he wont remain on the conductor list should he take the survey for B/O. He should go for it. As for you, you have as good a chance as anyone on here, just wait it out.

Xentor I am taking whatever I get first which is (seems to be)b/o...Just waiting on when I get call to go for medical...Just concerned about the drug test and if I don't pass will they call to say you are no longer in consideration or leave you in limbo. 

Archived