Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im so pissed  today i got a letter saying im not considered 1-3 rule for b/o

Holy cow! Sorry to hear that man. I didn't know people were gonna get smacked with this even on this opt-in B/O cameo on 8094, that's a new one. Wait for C/R, it's coming.

@Flowerpower Congrats! We are starting the same day.

Pardon my ignorance what is this 1-3 rule? I think it means they only have to hire 1 out of every 3. Can someone break it down?

Thanks

@Flowerpower Congrats! We are starting the same day.

Pardon my ignorance what is this 1-3 rule? I think it means they only have to hire 1 out of every 3. Can someone break it down?

This topic has been discussed at infinitum. Look through this thread and you will find the answer.

Thanks

From what I have read it appears that any # below 2300 has a good chance.

Good chance for what, to be in the 7/15 class?

Supposedly there is one 2 week's behind you guys as well. So many more numbers to be called for medical & final processing. I'm just glad their moving at a fairly steady pace.

My # is 133# so I have a little wait. I think the last # called for DT is around 1090 something.

If your waiting for BO and not CR that's not exactly accurate. There were people at 180 this past week with numbers in the 234X & 24XX range who were final processed and will be in the 7/15 class. I was there on Tues for DT my # is 39XX. Spoke to Mrs. Chestnut yesterday and was told I'm now waiting for a phone call for medical at this point.

trife86, on 05 Jul 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:Just as a quick timeline for refrence give or take a few days

04/25 BOSS

05/28 1ST DRUG TEST

06/27 MEDICAL AND 2ND DRUG TEST

07/02 FINAL PROCESSING

07/15 START DATE FOR ZEREGA

LIST #234X  

Good chance for what, to be in the 7/15 class?

Supposedly there is one 2 week's behind you guys as well. So many more numbers to be called for medical & final processing. I'm just glad their moving at a fairly

steady pace.

A good chance to be called for conductor. And I read in another forum that someone stated that they were called for the initial DT and hearing test in May. The person's list # was1193. That was the last posting and that was for conductor.

On another note, I was called for the BOSS exam in May and I declined that one but it said if I declined that my name would remain on the list for conductor. So I was surprised to get this letter to come down to Livingston for a pre employment interview and Drug and hearing test. It is unclear about declining this position. The report date is july 9th. This letter was for bus operator. I think I will go and decline in person.

Anybody out there receive a letter to go down on June 12 for the B/O survey?

they will still call you for c/r after you taking the bus op position?

yes, the letter that i got re: the bus op position stated that I DO stay on the conductor's list ...so we shall see

The last letter says that in order to decline I have to fill out the bottom of the letter and return it to Livingston St. If I don't return it my name will br removed from the list and I will have to call DCAS to reinstate it. It sounds like they are trying to force me to take a position that I don't want. And I might add that I took the test for conductor not bus operator.

A good chance to be called for conductor. And I read in another forum that someone stated that they were called for the initial DT and hearing test in May. The person's list # was1193. That was the last posting and that was for conductor.

On another note, I was called for the BOSS exam in May and I declined that one but it said if I declined that my name would remain on the list for conductor. So I was surprised to get this letter to come down to Livingston for a pre employment interview and Drug and hearing test. It is unclear about declining this position. The report date is july 9th. This letter was for bus operator. I think I will go and decline in person.

Yes if your holding out for conductor that might be best.

Sounds like there might be around 3 variants of the 8094 B/O letter going around. Mine just said if I didn't want to be considered for the B/O position to disregard the letter and my name would stay on 8094 for Conductor.

Sounds like there might be around 3 variants of the 8094 B/O letter going around. Mine just said if I didn't want to be considered for the B/O position to disregard the letter and my name would stay on 8094 for Conductor.

You might be right as i've also seen and heard that some letters said names will not remain on the CR list then I heard that was an error....Go figure.

Hello all,

I have been sworn in for the C/R job and i am officially an MTA employee since May 27, 2013. My list number is 106* and i passed all the medical and my class for C/R starts on July 29, 2013.

Hello all, I have been sworn in for the C/R job and i am officially an MTA employee since May 27, 2013. My list number is 106* and i passed all the medical and my class for C/R starts on July 29, 2013.

Congrats Jr.

I got the letter to report today at 7:30am for bus operator processing today.......at 12:30pm. And they make it sound like if I decline bus operator they'll remove me from the list for conductor.

jruiz713, on 08 Jul 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:Hello all,
I have been sworn in for the C/R job and i am officially an MTA employee since May 27, 2013. My list number is 106* and i passed all the medical and my class for C/R starts on July 29, 2013.
Congrats jr, do you know if 2 years of customer service is a requirement to get a job as a c/r

Hi all,

Congratulations to those already appointed to conductor and bus operator positions.  I went to 180 Livingston Street on May 24 for drug testing for conductor and have not been contacted since.  My list number is 122x.  When I called MTA Human Resources about a week ago, I was told the last appointed was 1091.  Is it possible that I may not be called until the next Fall or Winter conductor class?  I was lead to believe that once MTA contacts you, it is usually only a couple of months until you are on the job barring any disqualifying factors.  I'm currently at another city agency working an unreasonably dangerous job with very dysfunctional management and hanging on by the skin of my teeth.  Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Archived