Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

jruiz713, on 08 Jul 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:Hello all,

I have been sworn in for the C/R job and i am officially an MTA employee since May 27, 2013. My list number is 106* and i passed all the medical and my class for C/R starts on July 29, 2013.

Congrats jr, do you know if 2 years of customer service is a requirement to get a job as a c/r

No, there were no specific experience requirements, though everyone knew this. For the next conductor exam that may change.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok my name will not be removed from conductors list. If I accepted the bus operators job then I would have been taken off the 8094 list

It's cool that you got things straightened out. However, that's still bullshit by Transit, because on the first letter it stated that even if you took the B/O job your name would remain on 8094 for conductor.

Hey everyone,

My list #1169 and I Spoke to Mrs. Shivers 7/8/13 & she said the last hired list #1091 and there will be a class in August and Sept. I just wanna know the odds of me getting in soon. I went down back in 5/22/13 for drug testing and pre employment... I'm just so anxious already lol... Jesus knows I want this job already! I'm just going to relax and trust GOD it's in his hands now... Congrats to all newly appointed conductors this year and good luck to us patiently waiting lol

@poughkipsee what was your list #??? And how long did u have to wait to after you did pre employment and drug testing before the called u for final processing??? Also how is school car??? And what is the rate of pay for training, is it the same as regular salary pay???

Sry for the list of questions lol

@poughkipsee what was your list #??? And how long did u have to wait to after you did pre employment and drug testing before the called u for final processing??? Also how is school car??? And what is the rate of pay for training, is it the same as regular salary pay???

Sry for the list of questions lol

No problem! I'm 986. Initial drug test in February. 2nd test mid May around the 15 or 16, final processing May 24, start date June 17. The pay is regular salary, no training rate like in the past.

Schoolcar is good. I'm a train buff and I worked as a car cleaner at a terminal so I already knew a lot of the material. So personally for me lots of the early classes were boring. But all the new material and hands on experience is awesome. The TSS's are very thorough, you will learn what you need to know in the time allotted even though it seems like a lot in the beginning.

Pay attention, take notes, and most importantly ASK QUESTIONS. Don't doubt yourself, if you are unsure of anything ask in schoolcar while you have people to assist you. Out on your own you won't necessarily have that safety net.

@POUGHKIPSEE OMG the wait is killing me lol... its like its soo close but its not close smfh... but ima just trust jesus! I have another question, what is the 1 in 3 rule??? Does that apply for the conductors position?

The waiting is the worst part lol. I don't know that the 1 in 3 had been used on this list, where only 1 person out of 3 has to be hired. For the A division (numbered lines) the training is about 7 weeks long including the first week of mostly HR stuff. The B division is probably a week or two longer since there is more equipment to learn and more locations to learn.

I don't know if or when the 1 in 3 will used on this list. But in my brief conversation with Ms. Shivers as I stated earlier she told me what the list is up to and that my number would be coming up soon if the list keeps moving the way it is now. From what I am reading in the T.O. thread that list may be slowing down. So iwould say get your paperwork in order so when you are called the process will be as smooth as possible.

@postal1 what's ya list #??? U dnt have to give me you exact #... i just wanna get an idea where u at and how long ot will before i am called back for final processing

@poughkipsee what division are u in??? Or u wnt know til the end of training??? How long did u wait before u was called back from the intail drug test and pre employment process... maybe 1-3months??? Also how many people are in your school car class at a time

@postal1 with the employment and drug testing process??? Because I called Mrs. Shivers on Monday and she said the last list # hired was #1091. Did she give u an idea of the amount of conductors are being hired this year

i think that she meant people called for the Drug test. Thats the initial letter to come and start the process. And i was at Livingston on Tuesday and talked to her in person. I think that things are moving and will change from month to month.The last number hired means that the person who is 1091 has passed the drug test and then was called back and passed the medical. And was sworn in and given a date to report to school car.

So I am waiting to start the process.  What is your number?

This was my first visit to 180 Livingston and while I was not happy about the situation that brought me down there. It got resolved by Ms.Shriver and that put me at ease and demistified the process for me. ( a little ) :rolleyes:

So if the info I got was correct you should be hearing from them soon.

so I know you have heard this before but I think it is worth repeating: read this thread and others and a lot of your questions and fears will be answered along with getting some important insight into this process. Its helped me with any anxious moments!

Archived