Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Dan05979 its just my list # is #1169 and the last # hired was 1091. Im just so anxious i dnt want the list to freeze or slow down especially now that im pretty close. I just concerned about the 1in 3 rule may apply with this list, because it went from 1023-1091 in 2 week period and its only 30 people at a time. Or just most people accepted the b/o position... so just a lil confused

@ppoughkipsee thank u soo much for the info... so far i just have to hang tight.

@Dan05979 its just my list # is #1169 and the last # hired was 1091. Im just so anxious i dnt want the list to freeze or slow down especially now that im pretty close. I just concerned about the 1in 3 rule may apply with this list, because it went from 1023-1091 in 2 week period and its only 30 people at a time. Or just most people accepted the b/o position... so just a lil confused

@ppoughkipsee thank u soo much for the info... so far i just have to hang tight.

Yes some people took the bus operators position but don't forget some people will just not be qualified altogether whether it's their medical,  their paperwork or some other reason so don't be too nervous you should be fine. 

You'll be fine don't worry about it.

@Dan05979 so how was the wait for C/R??? (1-4months) and did they use the 1-3 rule?

@Dan05979 did u have to re-do ur drug test cause u waited too long??? Also donu have an idea if they are hiring more C/R this yr

I was sent a letter in May of 2011, did the DT June then had to re-take it in August, a few days later did my medical and was hired. No 1-3 rule, Don't worry about 1-3 your good. Its all a waiting game when getting hired. Its aggravating but you'll be in soon enough. Just make sure you pass your medical, BP must be normal and vision and hearing also.

@Dan05979 thank u soo much for the advice... I will just call every week or 2 see where Transit is on the list. Also what is the starting rate and what is top pay??? Also how often do u get a raise??

@Dan05979 is there alot of OT for the newbies???

I recall a guy on this thread getting 1-3'd, however it was for 8094 B/O not C/r, but close enough. There is always plenty of OT. It is however not recommended as you will be on probation for an entire year and if anything goes wrong you can bet a newbie will be to blame. That's the advice of veteran conductors not mine. It makes sense. You will be unionized so your raises will be coming. On another note, calm down and catch up on some threads, especially this one.

@Dan05979 thank u soo much for the advice... I will just call every week or 2 see where Transit is on the list. Also what is the starting rate and what is top pay??? Also how often do u get a raise??

@Dan05979 is there alot of OT for the newbies???

Check your inbox.

Just came out from livingston, i was declining appointment for B/O for TA, due to medical reasons and i decide to do it in person to keep my name on the list for conductor.

They told me that the LAST HIRED to the date was #1023...

Im in the #1700's so i guess if i have a chance would be by the expiration date of the list.....

Fingers crossed hopefully would be less than that!!!!

Yeah i spoke to her this morning #1091 was the last appointed , # 1023 was the last hired...

What happened to the ones in between .. I dont know!

Maybe they decline, didnt pass medical ,theyre on hold, who knows ....

Anyways youre really close , and should. Receive good news anytime soon

Good luck !

I Spoke to the head of the hiring list for Conductors she told me the last list # 1091. Her name is Mrs.Shivers (347)643-8218@memd78 that's her direct line

@kingNaya did she say if there is a class coming out soon? My list number is 1125 and they are very close to my number.

@Ladymax Yea she told me there will be an August and Sept class. Did you do your DT and Pre Employment process??? What month??

@Ladymax the person in charge of the Conductors list is Mrs. Shivers (347)643-8218 call her and double check to find out the last list # hired and future classes

@Ladymax Yea she told me there will be an August and Sept class. Did you do your DT and Pre Employment process??? What month??@Ladymax the person in charge of the Conductors list is Mrs. Shivers (347)643-8218 call her and double check to find out the last list # hired and future classes

Yes I went in on may 21st for DT and pre employment. When I spoke to Mrs. shivers a few weeks back all she had told me was there was a class for August and it would be about 30-35 for that class. And if that number (1091) is correct I should be called for the next class.. Omg that's awesome.

Yes I went in on may 21st for DT and pre employment. When I spoke to Mrs. shivers a few weeks back all she had told me was there was a class for August and it would be about 30-35 for that class. And if that number (1091) is correct I should be called for the next class.. Omg that's awesome.

It might even be the July class because not everyone called in list order will actually pass the medical ( put on medical hold ). Or the background investigation. And some may decline the position. 1091+ 35= 1126 so I think your chances are good.

The sooner you guys ( and ladies ) get sworn in the sooner they will get to me!

Archived