Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They won't ask you for the copies of your arrest history when you go for your DT.... HOWEVER get the copy/copies for yourself because you will definitely need to list arrest info on your paperwork and will need to be accurate. Any dispositions you have you will need to present when you go for final processing so if that applies to your situation you might want to start obtaining those in the time you have while waiting to be called for final processing. No need to go to Dmv to pay for a driving abstract to bring in, once they take your license & documents for verification they will get a printout for themselves right there.

They ask you to bring any dispositions the first time you go to 180 Livingston. If they have an issue with your criminal history they do not let you take the drug test. "Bring any dispositions" is listed on the paper that tells you what to bring when you are asked to come the first time to 180 Livingston. They don't wait until final processing to see your disposition papers.

They ask you to bring any dispositions the first time you go to 180 Livingston. If they have an issue with your criminal history they do not let you take the drug test. "Bring any dispositions" is listed on the paper that tells you what to bring when you are asked to come the first time to 180 Livingston. They don't wait until final processing to see your disposition papers.

I would suggest following what dscott161 says in regards to the disposition. I've personally never been arrested or had a summons or anything before therefore i've never had to go through the process of having to present a disposition. I was only going on what I have seen and heard others do while speaking with them when i've had to report to 180.

I got a ticket for switching train cars like 4 years ago, I paid it right away though

what do i have to do for that? just tell them ?

Thats the only trouble I ever had far as the law goes 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

That shit was entrapment by the way lol 

it was 2 weeks before Christmas, the train was parked steady on the platform for like 10 mins with only ONE train door open 

of course that ONE train car gets PACKED forcing you to move to another train car

soon as you do switch cars the set up begins, cops follow you, stop you, tell you you broke a law, and write you a ticket

good way for them to meet their end of the year quota i guess 

OK. I went for my DT yesterday. I got to Livingston @ 7:00 am and I was home by 12:30 PM.  I filled out paperwork and turned in my documents and then was allowed to take the drug test. I was told upon completion of the DT that i would get a call in 30 days, but from what I have read in this forum that wait could be 90 days. But no matter. i will be ready when the call comes. And yes I got the infamous  21 page booklet to fill out. 

I went in about 4 months ago to hand it my application and it was put on hold. I have not received a phone call or letter. Does anyone know how long it will take for me to here anything? or is anyone familiar with a case like mines??  Do I have a chance to continue my process furthur???

dscott161 do you know what happens after your not alllowed to take the drug test and the application is put on hold?

Finally. I got my final process done Sept 13th and I will start training on the 23rd. Let's back track to '08 when I took my conductor exam 8094. I got the letter for BOSS back in May '13. I took the 1st D/T on July 2nd. My medical was done on July 24th along side another D/T which expired. I then did another D/T on Sept 4th and I finally did my final process today on Friday the 13th.. What a Journey...... I'm very excited and ready to pass this training session and join the rest of guys. I've learned a lot from this forum and I'd like to thank everyone that contributed to it... See you guys on the other side and thanks again...

dscott161 do you know what happens after your not alllowed to take the drug test and the application is put on hold?

You have to wait until they call you. If you don't hear from them in two weeks call. I know of two people who went through that process, where they had to wait. Let me re phrase when I said " If they have an issue with your criminal history they will not let you take the drug test." Their policy is to review all criminal convictions on a case by case basis. NOT if they have an issue with it, they won't let you take the drug test. Someone reviews it and says "yay or nay". It's really true that it's not an automatic bar to employment.

• 2 weeks later...

You have to wait until they call you. If you don't hear from them in two weeks call. I know of two people who went through that process, where they had to wait. Let me re phrase when I said " If they have an issue with your criminal history they will not let you take the drug test." Their policy is to review all criminal convictions on a case by case basis. NOT if they have an issue with it, they won't let you take the drug test. Someone reviews it and says "yay or nay". It's really true that it's not an automatic bar to employment.

How long did the people you know have to wait?? I been waiting for months!

Just want to get out of the topic for a minute,, those c/r's who took this exam ,,& looking forward to promotion to Train op,, I keep hearing that a T/o exam filing is early next year February,, any one heard anything bout this exam ,, I have heard it throu some tss, coworkers , has anyone heard about this?,,,

Hi Everyone, 

I am new here. I just called DCAS and it said the last appointed as of 09/29/13 is 1235. It said I was on "Outstanding Certification." My list number is 79**. I guess I can forget about being called for Conductor, I scored an 89 but that list number is way out.

Ricanalatina76 , no hard feeling a list number of 7, 000 or so , perhaps 2, 000 & this is squeezing it , not gonna sugar coat it but there is no way. Take the next exam should be coming out in a year or two, best of luck

Hi Everyone, 

I am new here. I just called DCAS and it said the last appointed as of 09/29/13 is 1235. It said I was on "Outstanding Certification." My list number is 79**. I guess I can forget about being called for Conductor, I scored an 89 but that list number is way out.

Ricanalatina76 , no hard feeling a list number of 7, 000 or so , perhaps 2, 000 & this is squeezing it , not gonna sugar coat it but there is no way. Take the next exam should be coming out in a year or two, best of luck

• 2 weeks later...

Good news! I got the call to go to Livingston next week for my medical. And if I pass i will be in the October 28th class!!!!!

So wish me luck everyone cause I am sooo nervous right now.

Congrats Postal1! Just take it day by day and you'll be good.

Archived