Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news. Either the 8094 conductor's list is way way ahead of what the DCAS hotline states, or Transit is expecting to hire a whole big slew of conductors in the next coming months, because people as high up in the 1800's are getting pre-employment letters in the mail.

As I stated before the list is moving fast. I'm starting school car on Monday and it took a little over a month from letter to take drug test to call for medical to sworn in.

We on this list have waited since 2008 and have seen other lists surge past us while we were slowed to a trickle.

So I am wondering now about class size.

As I stated before the list is moving fast. I'm starting school car on Monday and it took a little over a month from letter to take drug test to call for medical to sworn in.

We on this list have waited since 2008 and have seen other lists surge past us while we were slowed to a trickle.

So I am wondering now about class size.

It seems so. Yes I know about the long wait. Don't forget there was a long hiring freeze in between too, that's what got everything out of wack. Otherwise this list would have expired February 2014 and not February 2015. If previous class sizes on this list are any indication (small) then those people high up on the list can start expecting to double take the drug exam.

LOL!! no patronizing in volved. I'm genuinely surprised by the pick in the pace of notifications.

Crazy

I Know it'll still be a lil while but I got my foot in the door so im happy, I lived in NY all my life and moved to florida (for financial reasons) 2 years ago, excited i'll be coming back HOME soon

Hi Guys

I got my letter to report on the 26 to livingston ..

My list # is in 1700's , i wasnt expecting to get called this soon .. I guess the list start moving fast again ...

Does anyone know how is the eye test and requirements for this position?

I got disqualified last year for B/O , i asked the doctor if i would be fine for conductor and he said yes ! , but i looks that is the same eye test ...

Thanks !

Hi Guys I got my letter to report on the 26 to livingston .. My list # is in 1700's , i wasnt expecting to get called this soon .. I guess the list start moving fast again ... Does anyone know how is the eye test and requirements for this position? I got disqualified last year for B/O , i asked the doctor if i would be fine for conductor and he said yes ! , but i looks that is the same eye test ... Thanks !

what exactly did they have you do for the test?

Hi Guys I got my letter to report on the 26 to livingston .. My list # is in 1700's , i wasnt expecting to get called this soon .. I guess the list start moving fast again ... Does anyone know how is the eye test and requirements for this position? I got disqualified last year for B/O , i asked the doctor if i would be fine for conductor and he said yes ! , but i looks that is the same eye test ... Thanks !

what exactly did they have you do for the test?

They put me on the eye test machine and test the eyes individually , since i got a problem in the left eye i couldn't see clearly and i got disqualified for B/O.

They put me on the eye test machine and test the eyes individually , since i got a problem in the left eye i couldn't see clearly and i got disqualified for B/O.

It's likely to be the same procedure and/or requirements, of course I don't know for sure. I have a bit of a dilemma as I only wear my glasses to watch television, but I think the day of the eye exam I'm just going to wear them throughout and not take any chances. It bothers me a little bit though that if I take the eye exam with my glasses I'll forever have to be a glasses guy in Transit. If anything happens and I'm not wearing those glasses regardless of how well I think I see without them it's going to get me in trouble and likely fired.

It's likely to be the same procedure and/or requirements, of course I don't know for sure. I have a bit of a dilemma as I only wear my glasses to watch television, but I think the day of the eye exam I'm just going to wear them throughout and not take any chances. It bothers me a little bit though that if I take the eye exam with my glasses I'll forever have to be a glasses guy in Transit. If anything happens and I'm not wearing those glasses regardless of how well I think I see without them it's going to get me in trouble and likely fired.

Well, when u wear glasses they test u with and without , It is the same procedure I'm done then since i didn't pass for B/O i don't think that im qualified for conductor, ... But ill go and take the chance....

Good luck to me!!!

Can someone help me with this 

I got a ticket for switching train cars like 4 years ago, I paid it right away though

what do i have to do for that? just tell them ?

Thats the only trouble I ever had far as the law goes 

what kinda info do you have to fill that thing up with? 

Practically applying all of my schools but there will be some Blank pages towards Employment (Guys I know I shouldn't leave anything blank) but what if I have no more info to add on employment just write "N/A" on the entire section??

Quick question,

"Under C, Traffic Conviction Record, you must list any traffic convictions or pending charges related to driving. Do Not List Parking tickets.

^ Should I be worried if I don't remember when I received tickets as for Tints or any speeding? since there is no time requested for when and how long ago. Any help would be much appreciated.

Practically applying all of my schools but there will be some Blank pages towards Employment (Guys I know I shouldn't leave anything blank) but what if I have no more info to add on employment just write "N/A" on the entire section??

Quick question,

"Under C, Traffic Conviction Record, you must list any traffic convictions or pending charges related to driving. Do Not List Parking tickets.

^ Should I be worried if I don't remember when I received tickets as for Tints or any speeding? since there is no time requested for when and how long ago. Any help would be much appreciated.

In my case I was worried about moving violations only to find out that even though I had to list them it did not affect my appointment to conductor. What I was told that DWI'S, DUI'S and other more serious incedents would affect appointment.

Archived