Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
mrlucky

Track worker info

Hello everyone I'm new to the forum. Can someone help me?. I've just been called in to take my medical for the track worker position and I have a few questions. First, what should I expect? Is this an all day procedure?. Next will I have to wait for the results? After passing how long before they have me start? Thanks in advance.

1) Expect to be pecked and prodded

2) It'll take most of the day

3) If you fail, they'll let you know

4) It'll be a while longer before you get hired. New hires have to get called twice for medicals.

Depending on where you actually fell in the group of candidates that they called in for meds will determine how long your wait is.. I was at the tail end of my group & got the second med call within weeks, and classes started a week and a half later.. I'd abstain from ALL non prescribed substances including alchol until you get the job, in this economy you don't want to blow the opportunity.. Good Luck..

The first thing they do is screen for drugs. You're gonna take a urine test. If you pass that then you go on to the medical. Only half the people I got screened with made it to the medical. You'll get a letter saying come down for a medical but its a drug screening(that was 16yrs ago, maybe its done all at once now). Just a heads up.