Great day, Plus... R68A (N) train!!!

Luis1985

i dont hate them either but they getting annoying.

Thank you! I mean, they were okay at first, but it's evident enough now that it's really starting to get boring and annoying every time I hear someone bragging about R160s! Put it this way: let's say a dude had a chance to have a whole day with a hot girl. He'd probable blow her off and decide to ride R160s all day instead. People need to get real!

Thank you! I mean, they were okay at first, but it's evident enough now that it's really starting to get boring and annoying every time I hear someone bragging about R160s! Put it this way: let's say a dude had a chance to have a whole day with a hot girl. He'd probable blow her off and decide to ride R160s all day instead. People need to get real!

lmao oh wow. nah, i tried to avoid taking them on the (Q), but for what? i STILL get them............. on the (E).

lmao oh wow. nah, i tried to avoid taking them on the (Q), but for what? i STILL get them............. on the (E).

That I understand. Some places you go, you really don't have a choice. When I'm doing an errand or heading to school, I don't care what I get to, I'll get on an R32, R42, R44, R68, R160, as long as I get to where I need to go quickly. When I railfan, I'll jump on a line where I can catch anything but R44 and R160s (I'm not a fan of either cars) unless I don't have a choice (e.g. the (E) is all R160, so if I want to railfan the (E), which I rarely do, I have no choice, but If I'm taking the (A), I'll catch an R46, or better yet, take an R32 (C) train).

Sounds like hella fun Luis.R68A`s are hard to find on certain lines considering that only 200 cars have been built.I haven`t been riding the rails lately,but hearing stories like this makes me want to get a metrocard and go.:tup:

You're right. Too bad there's 425 more cars that look exactly like the R68As...(just pointing that out, on the whole I agree with you)

5 bucks says you would do the same thing if you saw an R32.

Sounds like hella fun Luis.R68A`s are hard to find on certain lines considering that only 200 cars have been built.I haven`t been riding the rails lately,but hearing stories like this makes me want to get a metrocard and go.:tup:

Did you forget about the (:P & (Q)?

thank u. all u see is those boring R160's on the (N) now, and on the other lines too.

How?

i take them mostly on the (:P(D)(Q). its special on the (N) because the R68/R68A used to run exclusively on the (N)(Q) when it became the full time train again. now all u see is those Retarted R160's on the (N).

It aint all that special now.....hell, throw an R32 on the (N), then you get my attention......

I see R160's EVERYDAY. I take them on the (E) to go to school, i see them on the (F)(M)(N)(Q)(W). They get annoying.

I see R160s everyday too. I find them to be more convenient than those rusted P.O.S R42s. Thank god those trains dont run on the (E) & (F)

Diversity is good I can understand that, but Jamaica had some of the crappiest cars ever in those R42s. I'm thankful for the 160s cause they make trips alot better & smoother.

It aint all that special now.....hell, throw an R32 on the (N), then you get my attention......

hell no. i believe that R32 is on the (:P. i only saw it once. i dont plan on taking it. now they had it on the (D) as a yankee special. but anything older than a R68/R68A will NOT be on the (N) anymore. thats what some conductor said on the (N) train. they dont want anything older than that. the reason that R32 is on the (;) is because its a weekday line, and its only being used due to the Brighton Construction. they're retiring them anyway.

How?

Put it this way dude: with the new fleet coming in, the subway is now losing its variety when it comes to the types of cars we have. Don't get me wrong, I really don't have a vendetta with the R160s or any NTT. Heck, my favorite NTTs are the R142As and R143s (R130s too, although it's a NTTT (New Tech Test Train)). What makes it boring is this:

1. The loss of the railfan window on the B Division

2. As I said above, the loss of variety when it comes to the design and aesthetics of the subway cars.

It was cool seeing them when they were first rolling in (they tested them on the (A), my home line!), but with the replacement of the R38s, R40 Slants and Straights, it's getting boring.

I see R160s everyday too. I find them to be more convenient than those rusted P.O.S R42s. Thank god those trains dont run on the (E) & (F)

Diversity is good I can understand that, but Jamaica had some of the crappiest cars ever in those R42s. I'm thankful for the 160s cause they make trips alot better & smoother.

that is true...but if thats the case, they shouldve put the R160's on the lines that mostly uses the older cars. like the (A)(C)(V), sometimes the (R). the (:P(E)(F)(J)(L)(M)(W)(Z) are already have car updates, so they dont count. The (;)(N)(Q)(W) wouldve been perfectly fine with the R68/R68A's. The (D) is perfectly fine the way it is.

Put it this way dude: with the new fleet coming in, the subway is now losing its variety when it comes to the types of cars we have. Don't get me wrong, I really don't have a vendetta with the R160s or any NTT. Heck, my favorite NTTs are the R142As and R143s (R130s too, although it's a NTTT (New Tech Test Train)). What makes it boring is this:

2. As I said above, the loss of variety when it comes to the design and aesthetics of the subway cars.

It was cool seeing them when they were first rolling in (they tested them on the (A), my home line!), but with the replacement of the R38s, R40 Slants and Straights, it's getting boring.

EXACTLY. Thank u.

hell no. i believe that R32 is on the (:P. i only saw it once. i dont plan on taking it. now they had it on the (D) as a yankee special. but anything older than a R68/R68A will NOT be on the (N) anymore. thats what some conductor said on the (N) train. they dont want anything older than that. the reason that R32 is on the (;) is because its a weekday line, and its only being used due to the Brighton Construction. they're retiring them anyway.

That R32 (B) stuff is old news. It was extra assets for Brighton Line Service. Simple as that

Of course there wont be anything older than an R68/68A on the (N), I was making my opinion rather blunt.....

1. Thats better for the train operator imo, unless you like being smacked by his door

2. That I can agree with, diversity has been shot. And it may not come back for a good long while

The R42s need to go. They're past their prime if you ask me. I figured that the R38s and the Slants would retire at this time or ahead of this time, but it is time for the R42s to go. I'm surprised they're letting them retire in 2010 though. I like them and everything, but they're rotting badly, especially since Jamaica is running them into the ground.

That R32 (:P stuff is old news. It was extra assets for Brighton Line Service. Simple as that

Of course there wont be anything older than an R68/68A on the (N), I was making my opinion rather blunt.....

1. Thats better for the train operator imo, unless you like being smacked by his door

2. That I can agree with, diversity has been shot. And it may not come back for a good long while

lmao yea that swinging door is annoying.

The R42s need to go. They're past their prime if you ask me. I figured that the R38s and the Slants would retire at this time or ahead of this time, but it is time for the R42s to go. I'm surprised they're letting them retire in 2010 though. I like them and everything, but they're rotting badly, especially since Jamaica is running them into the ground.

lol i saw like 6 sets on both (J)(Z) yesterday, plus a few on the (R)(V). i aint gonna lie, they look good on the (C).

Lol!

:tup:

I couldn't have said it any better.

That R32 (:P stuff is old news. It was extra assets for Brighton Line Service. Simple as that

i understand, but to everyone else is a special. (N) train with R68/R68A is like a classic.:tup:

lol i saw like 6 sets on both (J)(Z) yesterday, plus a few on the (R)(V). i aint gonna lie, they look good on the (C).

Question: when you saw those six R42s, did you go by the yard? If so, did you manage to see any trains in the yard at all?

I agree with you on the (C). From what I heard, they may go back (do a trade: 50 R32s from 207th to ENY, and 50 R42s from ENY to 207th), but it's not set in stone yet cuz it'll only happen when the R42s retire so they can have easier access to 207th Street Yard.

I would have to agree about the R68 (N) old news, same applies for R68 (W).. And R32 (:P!

The real interesting news which should come is the R44/46 (C)[if they go R44]. R32 (A) will be plain old news too.. So im more worried about the (C) and its loss of the R32..

I would have to agree about the R68 (N) old news, same applies for R68 (W).. And R32 (:P!

The real interesting news which should come is the R44/46 (C)[if they go R44]. R32 (A) will be plain old news too.. So im more worried about the (C) and its loss of the R32..

i actually took an R46 (C) train one time, going to school. The front had the (C), then the side signs said "C 8 AV LOCAL"....."C WASHTN HTS-168 ST", or suttin like that, and on the back it said (C).

it looked really nice. but that was just a one time thing. it was a 10 car set, mustve been borrowed from the (A).

Archived