Anyone interested in joining me for some intense rail fanning?

R1Toasty

Yes, that's right, I'll be in NYC Dec. 27-28, essentially living underground with my camera, as I go on a two day subway fanning craze. I'll be pretty much doing everything I've always wanted in terms of fan-things (abandoned stations, new tech cars, old tech cars, RFW videos, etc). If anyone might be interested in joining me, post here. I'd appreciate suggestions for meet up places, or just places to visit.

Ah, and please, more than one person, to avoid awkwardness...

Yes, that's right, I'll be in NYC Dec. 27-28, essentially living underground with my camera, as I go on a two day subway fanning craze. I'll be pretty much doing everything I've always wanted in terms of fan-things (abandoned stations, new tech cars, old tech cars, RFW videos, etc). If anyone might be interested in joining me, post here. I'd appreciate suggestions for meet up places, or just places to visit.

Glad to hear it!!

Now a few words of "advice"..

No Bright flashes please, but im sure you know that!!!

Stay away from the edge of the platform you want a shot or two of a train making a station stop do it as close to the 8 or 10 car marker as possible.

DO NOT distract the T/O or C/R in any fashion..

Dont be "obivious" with your cam when taking pictures or using videos espeically on a moving train its not illegal but you can get overzelous persons reporting you to police.

Respect the Police if they ask you what you are doing tell em and "be nice"..

Only stay in passenger areas do not go near or in those tunnels or anywhere else where passengers are not allowed beacuse if one of "Us" (T/O'S or C/R's) see somebody where they arent supposed to be its getting called in..

Police are swift to respond to reports persons in "off limit areas" down here now really..

Just enjoy the system and be safe use common sense and im sure you will have a great time!! ;):D :D :D

Hey you never know you may get a shot of me if you are around the N line on those days!!:) :) :) :)

I wish I knew what you looked like RTOman, I could wave at you. Trust me though, I'm cautious as can be, I know the rules well, most certainly never going out of the passenger allowable areas, and feel a little awkward taking pictures, but surely a 16 yo looking very excited isn't criminal... to most people. I'm trying to get to know the system better than in my previous usage, satisfy burning desires, and have a bunch of videos and pictures to look at when I'm away from the subway. Just one question: is it odd to look out the window through the operator's cab on a non-RFW train (with a camera)?

Since those are weekdays I'll be working. If you happen to be around Union Square between the hours of 7am and 4pm let me know and I'll meet up with you for a bit R1.

I could make it happen. I tried for a weekend, but with all the family, it wasn't possible. I'll be free for pretty much the whole two days, for my transity adventures ;)

If the one person who goes is the same age as you, then it's not awkward. If they are alot older and don't look like you, then some might get the wrong idea :confused: (like priestiality). Heck, even you might get the wrong idea of why they are truly there. :eek: :confused:

If the one person who goes is the same age as you, then it's not awkward. If they are alot older and don't look like you, then some might get the wrong idea :confused: (like priestiality). Heck, even you might get the wrong idea of why they are truly there. :eek: :confused:

I'd hope not. My friends back home are all busy, so none of them can come this time. One of them seems interested in it, but the other one won't step in it because it's "dirty" (I'd love to prove this friend wrong). So, I put out an invite for anyone who's interested... within reason (peeps I know from here). Just seeing if anyone wants to make my trip a little lighter.

Well I can't come, but i can give you some suggestions on where to go railfanning:

1) Brighton Express "B" train. Wait for a Slant 40 to come, it's no good if you get a R68. Be at the railfan window and make sure you tape it because it will be an experience of a lifetime!

2) 7 Express Uptown, also at the railfan window

3) Manhattan bound E

Those are pretty much all the best lines for railfanning, of course any line is a good line. (Except for the R) Enjoy your time in our wonderful subway!

DOB2,

That was priceless, I was ROFLMAO.

Paul (R)

If my kids weren't home from school I might join you.

True, you should spend time with them... but you can "go to the store" B). Anyway, anyone who can come, the doors are closing, board the train. PM me if you can join me.

Archived