Which train is this interior from?

lilbluefoxie

I'll go with "or what"..........it looks like you can sit 20 people per car lol

You're right...I wonder why that is. The "A" car seats 24 while the "B" car seats 28; the "A" car in an R142 seats 34, and its "B" car seats 40. The R130 holds more people with the extra space not occupied by seats however. Oh well...the R130 is still my favorite A Division car nonetheless.

nysub8.jpg

Which train is this interior from? I dont think ive seen it on any of the subway car models in the fleet. I found it on Massimo Vignelli's site where he shows his work on the NYC Subway

It has that european look.believe it or not.this car debut was in 1992.Each car cost $2 million compared to an R142 car at $1.4 million each in 2000.Think about it,The R110a was bad ass back then to be that expensive.:P

It has that european look.believe it or not.this car debut was in 1992.Each car cost $2 million compared to an R142 car at $1.4 million each in 2000.Think about it,The R110a was bad ass back then to be that expensive.:P

IAWTP.

The technology on those cars when ordered was brand new and much more expensive. By the time later cars came around such amenities as air bag suspensions etc had come down in cost which is why the per car price was smaller...not to mention the R110 orders were for 10 and 9 cars respectively so they were "one off" type situations and more expensive because of the design that went into it vs a larger order where that cost is more spread out.

If they had gone with the R110A interior, they would've just had one color and still remain 'bland'.

The technology on those cars when ordered was brand new and much more expensive. By the time later cars came around such amenities as air bag suspensions etc had come down in cost which is why the per car price was smaller...not to mention the R110 orders were for 10 and 9 cars respectively so they were "one off" type situations and more expensive because of the design that went into it vs a larger order where that cost is more spread out.

I'm disappointed in you two. Using facts to combat foaming? You should be ashamed of yourselves!

Me, too.

I think they should bring up R110 on (S) for Holiday Season every Saturday.

Or bring it up on <7> for METS, (4) for Yankees.

I heard its broken, maybe they should tow it to the transit museum and keep it there with the other non-working classics they have there (R11, R16, R30)

Archived