Which train is this interior from?

lilbluefoxie

They should give it an SMS and im sure they can do that.

IAWTP.

Last I remember, the R130's were moved to Concourse Yard. Does anyone know if there are any plans for these cars?

They're still there. They just get moved around from yard to yard because space is a premium when new stuff come in. If anything, these cars would do a huge number if they ran as a rush hour put-in for the 42nd Street shuttle (at least one set). That would be great use instead of them just remaining idle.

Repeat after me:

-There are no plans to run those cars again in passenger service and their mechanical condition and the uniqueness of their parts and the maintenance required makes it very unlikely that there will be in the future.

-There are no plans to run those cars again in passenger service and their mechanical condition and the uniqueness of their parts and the maintenance required makes it very unlikely that there will be in the future.

Repeat after me:

Is there plans to give it to the transit museum?

Repeat after me:

I think they should run them on the 42nd street shuttle.

:cool:

Repeat after me:

And how can you be so sure about this? You have no right to make such a claim, as you don't work for TA to know exactly what's going on. And I'd like to hear your source on this as well (unless you don't wanna give it up, which, in this predicament, wouldn't be so very smart).

I think they should run them on the 42nd street shuttle.

:cool:

LOL I agree! :P

i think that is the car they use for the fire safety and evacuation training at ciy... or at least it looks very similar to the one that is being used. the layout and seating is just awkward.

The FDNY training center has a pair. It's the R110B though.

And how can you be so sure about this? You have no right to make such a claim, as you don't work for TA to know exactly what's going on. And I'd like to hear your source on this as well (unless you don't wanna give it up, which, in this predicament, wouldn't be so very smart).

OK, don't listen to what I have to say. Doesn't bother me none. Everyone can just keep daydreaming about these things running in service and trying to imagine what the propulsion sounded like. No sweat off my back...

OK, don't listen to what I have to say. Doesn't bother me none. Everyone can just keep daydreaming about these things running in service and trying to imagine what the propulsion sounded like. No sweat off my back...

If only they knew..if only the knew. :cool:

Well it really Doesn't bother me none...hey I get good info, I have contacts and I may not be a TA employee so at least I can hang my hat on something...others don't want to believe it so be it I got my friends in this "hobby" and I got my sources so I got nothing to prove to anyone...

off topic but i wonder what ever happeneds to the R142/R143 Mock ups.. I wonder if those are scrapped :P ?

Thought these R110A seem a lot better then the R142s. But less room for seating.. I guess thats why the t/a stopped ordering fleet with seats on the side of the window?

Ok ladies stop fussing.It would be nice to see these cars run,but theres no need for them to run as we all ready have over 1,000 R142 cars on the tracks,and over 1,000 R62s as well. They haven`t had regular maintenance done on them for ages.Who knows they might run a special trip,but these cars were meant to be test cars and nothing more.

i think that is the car they use for the fire safety and evacuation training at ciy... or at least it looks very similar to the one that is being used. the layout and seating is just awkward.
The seating is only awkward because The A division isn`t use to this seating arrangement for cars that are only 51' feet.

I say scrap it, recover extra space for storage in the yards and the MTA will get more money to help offset it's budget issues. Plus it will also cut down the amount of "They should run it on ** line" posts online.:cool:

Right now, the tracks that its resting on at Concourse Yard, are barely used used at all. There are also around 5 free tracks that are free in the yard, so I'm sure they'd rather keep it there than anywhere else. And they might be able to use some of those parts for a damaged R142.

Case and point, they prefer to beg T/Os to change flipdots on R-32s so that they can get photos of them "in service" on lines they don't normally run on when they would be better off listening to those who have proven consistently to know what they're talking about and who they could actually learn a lot from. I doubt many of them will make it to the road anyhow and if they do I'm sure they'll either learn quickly that the can leave their attitude on the platform or they won't make it past Day 1. :confused:

How can he make this "claim"? Well for starters he does have sources. And I also know who his source is and I can back up what he is saying. No I will not tell you who this source is because it's very easy to find out who he is... if you do the foot work. Don't even bother saying that this is all BS because we wont give up our source. There are several others on here who know who this source is but they wont give it up either.

Case and point, they prefer to beg T/Os to change flipdots on R-32s so that they can get photos of them "in service" on lines they don't normally run on when they would be better off listening to those who have proven consistently to know what they're talking about and who they could actually learn a lot from. I doubt many of them will make it to the road anyhow and if they do I'm sure they'll either learn quickly that the can leave their attitude on the platform or they won't make it past Day 1. :confused:

That's where School car comes into play. Separates those interested in the railroad and the foamers that think they know everything.

How can he make this "claim"? Well for starters he does have sources. And I also know who his source is and I can back up what he is saying. No I will not tell you who this source is because it's very easy to find out who he is... if you do the foot work. Don't even bother saying that this is all BS because we wont give up our source. There are several others on here who know who this source is but they wont give it up either.

If SubwayGuy says the cars will not run or be in the museum, then we have to leave it at that. I think the museum would rather have the remaining Redbirds, R10s, R16s, R27/30s and the three Arnines all restored to operating condition then the R110s. Let's take it easy guys.

Thank you. Said it better than I could've.

Archived