Bx7 Inquiry

upperharlemline4ever

I read somewhere that sometime the end of 2008 the Bx7 route was going to be extended into Westchester. Guess it didn't happen. What happened?

Reminds me of a time in the late 1980's - early 1990's there was talk of extending the Bx4 (now the Bx34) and/or the Bx16 into Yonkers and Mt. Vernon to connect with the Metro-North stations at Mt. Vernon West and Mt. Vernon East. Public hearings were scheduled. Don't know if they were ever held. Westchester county threatened to have the bus drivers arrested if they crossed the border into Westchester. The MTA dropped the plan.

Never heard of that Idea.. Plus that would be a bit too long of a route for the Bx7 since it runs from 168th St Washington Hts to 263rd St in Riverdale

It was part of that promise list the MTA gave about things they were going to add. The Bx7 and 10 would go to Ludlow (which everyone would have been pissed about if the TA delievered).

On the list also was Bx3/13 late night service, weekend service on a lot of Queens routes and new routes.

It was part of that promise list the MTA gave about things they were going to add. The Bx7 and 10 would go to Ludlow (which everyone would have been pissed about if the TA delievered).

On the list also was Bx3/13 late night service, weekend service on a lot of Queens routes and new routes.

Luidlow? Man is that far a bit. W42 takes like 10-20min after 262nd st to get there.. Is it still on the plan tho?

No I wasn't referring to the Bx7 going to Mt. Vernon West or Mt. Vernon East. Didn't know where the Bx7 was supposed to go. Actually, 263rd Street to Ludlow station would only be about 1/2 of a mile. Why would everyone have been pissed? After all, Bee Line does not coordinate bus schedules with trains. They run their buses and couldn't care less about connecting or meeting MN trains. Anyway thanks for the information. Has the plan been abandoned?

Bee-Line bus does care with Metro-North.

According to Bus Rapid Transit, I learn Bee-Line Buses gave money to Metro-North, but Metro-North refuse to cooperate.

Bee-Line buses like #75 waits for connecting train, so does Airlink.

I remember that plan. I think that might be in deep in future.

Some Bee-Line buses are long, so they can't cordinate schedule with subway.

Same goes for (MTA) Long Island Bus.

No I wasn't referring to the Bx7 going to Mt. Vernon West or Mt. Vernon East. Didn't know where the Bx7 was supposed to go. Actually, 263rd Street to Ludlow station would only be about 1/2 of a mile. Why would everyone have been pissed? After all, Bee Line does not coordinate bus schedules with trains. They run their buses and couldn't care less about connecting or meeting MN trains. Anyway thanks for the information. Has the plan been abandoned?

Both the bx7 and bx10 are too long/delayed as is. Plus I heard that area around ludlow is dead so I doubt it'd be worth it. The plan was abandoned because the ta said they were out of cash n then they went from adding service to saying they were going to cut service. Neither of which actually occurred

Archived