Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Q25toJamaica

Bye bye 100 series

In case you haven't noticed all the 1993 Orion Vs in the 100 series (not all the 1993 Orion Vs) have been retired, and 101 (93001) has been preserved into a museum bus. It's hard to imagine this has happened after riding the Q31 and Q76 last year which ran pretty much nothing but them and the iconic 100 series buses at JFK.

There's only <15 1993 Orion V's left in the system. 7 are at West Farms, and AFAIK there's another four scattered around BP, EAS, and two other depots that don't come to mind now. There's also 4X 1990-1 RTS's left in the system as well.

Are these the same 100 series that used to be the Express Buses on Staten Island back in the day? Those were my favorite ones to ride, and catch.

Are these the same 100 series that used to be the Express Buses on Staten Island back in the day? Those were my favorite ones to ride, and catch.

Yes, those are the same ones. A bunch of them still had soft seats in them when they were retired.

Yes, those are the same ones. A bunch of them still had soft seats in them when they were retired.

Your not my friend anymore! B). Aww man, Those were my favorite buses...

*sigh* Such a shame. Many of the buses that I grew up with are being scrapped. Hearing that the 100 seris Orion Vs are gone. I remember them when they ran at Casey Stengal and MJQ. Sad to see 'em go. B)