Shhh. Whats that sound?

St Louis Car 09

Im a big fan of the O5`s,but something about them had me thinking for awhile now. Has anyone noticed when certain O5`s take off, their engines make a wierd shh shh shh sound,like a big spray bottle.I thought it was the coolest sound I heard come out of a bus.Does anyone know what causes that sound when the O5 take off?

Im a big fan of the O5`s,but something about them had me thinking for awhile now. Has anyone noticed when certain O5`s take off, their engines make a wierd shh shh shh sound,like a big spray bottle.I thought it was the coolest sound I heard come out of a bus.Does anyone know what causes that sound when the O5 take off?

Is it the CNG buses youre talking aboot?

You think thats annoying?! Try living in a neighborhood full of them screeching buses. The M15 got them all over the place!

screech screech screech screech screech...

annoyed yet? ;)

but the sound wouldn't annoy me

The Orions, it is most likely the bearings that the belt is on. Maybe those bearings need greasing, and I only heard them (and driven them), on those 400 and 600series buses, from KB and WF. On the 6000series, I never heard that "squirting spray bottle" sound.

As for the artics, that is all belt. I heard that same loud screeeeech....ing sound on Van-Hools when I worked for Campus Coach. We had to open the engine compartment, to check fluids, etc, and it is worst when the compartment is open. That sound can kill ones eardrums...........

Archived