Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
St Louis Car 09

Shhh. Whats that sound?

Im a big fan of the O5`s,but something about them had me thinking for awhile now. Has anyone noticed when certain O5`s take off, their engines make a wierd shh shh shh sound,like a big spray bottle.I thought it was the coolest sound I heard come out of a bus.Does anyone know what causes that sound when the O5 take off?

Im a big fan of the O5`s,but something about them had me thinking for awhile now. Has anyone noticed when certain O5`s take off, their engines make a wierd shh shh shh sound,like a big spray bottle.I thought it was the coolest sound I heard come out of a bus.Does anyone know what causes that sound when the O5 take off?

Is it the CNG buses youre talking aboot?

One of the bearings on something connected to the accessory belt is bad....maybe :P

Either something with the radiator or the fan belts that is causing the bus to screech.
I checked out some of your vids on youtube.Nice:tup: But that noise made by the bus is that a good thing or bad?

I notice that the O5`s are the only models that make that sound.If so they shop personel need to find out the cause.

The Orion Vs arent the only ones that screech

That artic has to be the most annoying bus I have ever heard.

You think thats annoying?! Try living in a neighborhood full of them screeching buses. The M15 got them all over the place!

You think thats annoying?! Try living in a neighborhood full of them screeching buses. The M15 got them all over the place!

screech screech screech screech screech...

annoyed yet? ;)

but the sound wouldn't annoy me

The Orions, it is most likely the bearings that the belt is on. Maybe those bearings need greasing, and I only heard them (and driven them), on those 400 and 600series buses, from KB and WF. On the 6000series, I never heard that "squirting spray bottle" sound.

As for the artics, that is all belt. I heard that same loud screeeeech....ing sound on Van-Hools when I worked for Campus Coach. We had to open the engine compartment, to check fluids, etc, and it is worst when the compartment is open. That sound can kill ones eardrums...........

I said bearings ;)

One of the bearings on something connected to the accessory belt is bad....maybe :)

It was true... :P