Please post products you would like to see in the subway

asb396

wow this site is full of forward thinkers, i like the ideas ive read so far... is there no one who can chime in with something semi-intelligent?

Truthfully, I don't want anything from any outside company. I already have holes drilled in my head with the countless ads.

I would like to see more newstands and small sandwich shops in the major or minor stations i know for a fact some people would like a nice hot cup of coffee or a sandwich while waiting for a train in the cold winter months,now if only the MTA would stop being greedy with rent money and maybe some small newstands can afford to rent a spot again.

What would you guys like to see from the subway? What products or services is the subway lacking? What products and services can an outside company offer?? Any product ideas...

1. Newspaper circulation - I don't use newsstands in the subway but they don't seem to hold newspapers...maybe the (MTA) can strike a deal with a real newspaper agency (i.e. Financial Times, Wall St. journal, NYT, etc.) and circulate these newspapers at newsstands for people willing to buy. It would be a nice change for some, than amNY and the Metro.

2. The subway lacks cleanliness. Various neighborhoods can undergo a Rent-A-Station program where they help clean up the stations that are part of their neighborhood.

That's all I can think of right now, I'll keep posting more ideas when I come up with them.

1. Newspaper circulation - I don't use newsstands in the subway but they don't seem to hold newspapers...maybe the (MTA) can strike a deal with a real newspaper agency (i.e. Financial Times, Wall St. journal, NYT, etc.) and circulate these newspapers at newsstands for people willing to buy. It would be a nice change for some, than amNY and the Metro.

2. The subway lacks cleanliness. Various neighborhoods can undergo a Rent-A-Station program where they help clean up the stations that are part of their neighborhood.

That's all I can think of right now, I'll keep posting more ideas when I come up with them.

Ironically the two are related. A key argument for not selling papers in subway stations is that they have a way of winding up on the floor of the cars, or on the tracks themselves, which can create a fire hazard.

What I'd like to see is more "bodega" style delis in the system, like the one at 77th st S/B (6). Nice to be able to get a snack and a soda while standing on a subway platform. A hot dog/pretzel (aka park vendor) variety of these stores would be good as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing vending machines return to the platforms. We purchased small snacks such as Chiclets Gum, Zagnut Bars and Planters Peanut Bars from these.

Nedicks also operated stands in major stations like Roosevelt Avenue. 70(EE) 70(GG) 70(E) 70(F) 70(7). Hot dogs and an orange drink before catching your train.

Archived