Nov 1st- 50 cent tax apply to NYC Taxi

FamousNYLover

Does any of you take taxi, when there are problems when buses are not so coming quickly.

Starting, November 1st at 12:01am, all New York City taxis will have 50 cent surcharge, making base fare of $2.50 into $3. This is part of MTA Bailout Plan.

What are your opinon on this?

Haven't taken a taxi ride in years and don't plan on taking one. The only reason I'd have to would be if I'm coming home from the airport.

Why not take the bus and block up the aisle with 900 pieces of luggage? That is after all, the cool thing to do. </sarcasm>

In 2007 i tried to get a cab from a building in forrest hills to the LIRR station, waited 2 hours in the freezing rain, they never showed up, i have never paid for or thought about taking a taxi since.

- A

Additional reason why I never take the Taxi Cabs, it is getting more expensive than Taxis in China, including Shanghai. 3 bucks? What the hell!?!

How much is taxi in China?

By the way, little off-topic on my thread, does anyone heard the news, NYC Taxi Driver took family from Brooklyn, NY to their home in Arizona?

Like 1Yen, 2Yen, 3Yen and 4Yen (Mostly the 1-2 Yen one have 1Yen surcharge), I could buy a Soda or 2 bottles of water with that base fare in China. Here is like 2 bottles of soda or 4 bottles of water as a base fare...

Isn't a yen equal to like 1 penny USD?

Archived