A Halloween Shocker

Fresh Pond

Ok here's the story,, it was like 2 in the morning last nite & I was commin home from my friend's party (a little buzzed, nothing serious lol). But while waiting for the (D) train to come at Bway-Lafayette, something else came that shocked me. Its been a while since I've seen the B-division garbage train so I'll let the pics explain. Enjoy...

IMG00110.jpg

IMG00109.jpg

IMG00108.jpg

Damn i was gonna catch it on Concourse Level of 145, which sometimes there every late saturday(Sunday AM) around 1AM. I passed it layed up at 135th St South when heading to the bronx on the (D)..

Ive caught it many times in the past, not much news. Its been like that since early this year. But good catch of course! Now thats a good Love Relationship :cool: R32+ R33 ;)

Thats really not too unusual. Since there are more cars with A/C available now, they crews what those cars on the train.

What about the R33WF, those dont have em.. So my guess is that they are not borrowing R62As for refuse right now?

What about the R33WF, those dont have em.. So my guess is that they are not borrowing R62As for refuse right now?

I don't think any of the redbirds have A/C. Also why would you use R62s on the train then there are alot of SMEE cars that have been taken out of service?

I don't think any of the redbirds have A/C. Also why would you use R62s on the train then there are alot of SMEE cars that have been taken out of service?

The Mainlines yes, worlds fair just fan. But I have seen R62As still being used on the Flushing with mix of R127/134 while other lines are using R127/134 by its self or Redbird mix.. I wonder if Corona is sticking like that..

The Mainlines yes, worlds fair just fan. But I have seen R62As still being used on the Flushing with mix of R127/134 while other lines are using R127/134 by its self or Redbird mix.. I wonder if Corona is sticking like that..

But thats the Flushing line. This picture is of a B Division route. There would be no reason to put an R62 on that train.

But thats the Flushing line. This picture is of a B Division route. There would be no reason to put an R62 on that train.

I mean on the A div, Redbird being replaced by some R62As. But any whos, are there still R40s being used for refuse?

While that is true, it would be more efficient to one 1 R62A car vs. an R32 pair. Ie: less cars and energy needed. Why they built the R127/134 without climate control is beyond me... They would've been better off ordering more R62A cars and just have them built without windows.

While that is true, it would be more efficient to one 1 R62A car vs. an R32 pair. Ie: less cars and energy needed. Why they built the R127/134 without climate control is beyond me... They would've been better off ordering more R62A cars and just have them built without windows.

What I ment was that why would you transfer several R62s to the B Div. when you can just take some SMEEs waiting to get reefed. As for why the R127/134 have no A/C, that is something I still don't get.

What I ment was that why would you transfer several R62s to the B Div. when you can just take some SMEEs waiting to get reefed. As for why the R127/134 have no A/C, that is something I still don't get.

At most 2 cars [one on each end] or even just one car and the R127/134's on another end, is not going to be a huge drain on the IRT. The GC S has a few spares, a garbage train borrowing just 2 cars is not going to affect the S.

But yes it was short sightedness for the MTA to not order the R127/134 without a/c's.

Thanks for all the comments.

As for the A-div garbage train, I see it every night when I get off work (I wait at Queensboro Plz for the Q67) and the train comes around 11. Its 2 R62A cars, then a few flatbed cars (maybe 3) then a R134 (I think EP0013)

Archived