MTA Buses with mta nyct depot logos

RockParkH

wtf I saw a nova rts (#8961 or 8691 idk) with west farms depot logos on it running on the Q21 but I remember the bus because it had cameras on it

8611, 8615 or 8621 are the only buses out of Far Rockaway with Cameras. 8961 is in Jamaica & 8691 is in East New York.

I wonder if MJQ is going to ship out some more 8600's when they get Flatbush's older 3900s hybrids?

I'm pretty sure they would, and those older Novas might join the fray as well. The depot might be 5000 series Novas, Designlines & the mixed batch of NGs. I would think that LGA gets dibs on the TMCs since the winter pick is just around the corner....

Yeah that's true, if those Bee Line buses are ever put into service the 3 depots I see them going to are: BP, FR, and JFK. That leaves only LGA left and they've got some really old TMC RTSs.

I actually don't think JFK will be getting NG's. The reason is this: they're getting 25 NG's in about a month or two, and they only have 12 buses older than 1997. JFK's going to have no need for the Bee line O5's then, unless they want to retire the 1997 O5's. Far Rockaway, likewise, has only 8 buses that need to be retired. BP makes the most sense when it comes to getting the O5's though. The only way I see JFK getting BL O5's (other than if they want to replace the 1997 O5s) is if their hybrids are displaced, and I'm not sure if they want to replace newer buses with older ones. BTW, LGA should only have the 8400s and 8500s now since their recent NG batch should be enough to retire the rest of their 8000s and PBL TMC's.

• 3 weeks later...
wtf I saw a nova rts (#8961 or 8691 idk) with west farms depot logos on it running on the Q21 but I remember the bus because it had cameras on it

You probably mean 8621. You could also have been talking about 8407, both of which are at Far Rockaway with Quill logos (and New York City Bus lettering).

8611 is labeled New York City Bus on one side and MTA Bus on the other (and rear).

Archived