Newbie Question about the M4

lilbluefoxie

I was looking on the map at the M4 line, the terminal is a loop near penn station, does that mean if I get on by Penn Station, i will be able to ride it northbound.

Yes!

Also where exactly is the M4 Penn Station stop and how do I get there from the LIRR area?

Walk down to W. 32nd Street and 7th Avenue along 7th Avenue!

No. 32nd St & 7th Av is last and first stop on both M4/Q32.

After they drop off, they usually layover on left side or right side.

I tried with M96EB at 96th St-2nd Av, but one of B/O did not allow me ride thru last stop but according to Press Release, it stated, M96 is Loop Privelage, but he was not nice.

Nope. As was mentioned they layover on either side of the street and begin to take on passengers in front of the jacks 99 cents store. On late nights some of those buses do not go back uptown they go straight down 34th street to the depot. Easiest way to head over to that bus stop is by taking the escalators to the right of the LIRR waiting room. After that make the left and take the escalator that leads to 7th avenue and 32nd street. Cross the street and stay to the right side and follow it to the Jacks 99 cent store. Hope that helps.

I was looking on the map at the M4 line, the terminal is a loop near penn station, does that mean if I get on by Penn Station, i will be able to ride it northbound.

Also where exactly is the M4 Penn Station stop and how do I get there from the LIRR area?

Depends what track you're coming off of...

...but The quickest way to get to the M4 stop (which is its terminal) is to get off at the 7th av exit of Penn station (there's sets of escalators & stairs... when you get to street level, you'll see a taxi stand)... surfacing to street level, you'll be facing W. 32nd st., literally...

all you have to do is cross the street (remaining on the right hand side of the street)... It's not exclusive to the M4 thought, as the Q32 also shares the stop...

Does it matter if im going there on a Sunday, will the bus stop in the same place?

I think I know why you're asking that....

but to answer your question, it doesn't matter.... M4's are gonna make that turn off 7th & onto West 32nd to its terminal....

Depends what track you're coming off of...

...but The quickest way to get to the M4 stop (which is its terminal) is to get off at the 7th av exit of Penn station (there's sets of escalators & stairs... when you get to street level, you'll see a taxi stand)... surfacing to street level, you'll be facing W. 32nd st., literally...

all you have to do is cross the street (remaining on the right hand side of the street)... It's not exclusive to the M4 thought, as the Q32 also shares the stop...

I think I know why you're asking that....

but to answer your question, it doesn't matter.... M4's are gonna make that turn off 7th & onto West 32nd to its terminal....

So the area by the 99 cent store on 32nd St is where it stops to go back North? Thats all im looking for. Where do I go to and wait to take the M4 bus uptown.

So the area by the 99 cent store on 32nd St is where it stops to go back North? Thats all im looking for. Where do I go to and wait to take the M4 bus uptown.

Repeat: By the 99 Cents Store is the bus stop. ALways has and always will be. You would have to be blind if you missed it and the line that forms to take the bus back uptown.:confused:

Yeah there's a 99 cent store on that block... as well as a handbag store & a church on that same side of the street...

I'll break it down like this....

W 32nd st is one way eastbound....

The M4, from W 32nd/7th travels eastbound to get to madison av...

The M4 travels on Madison when it is traveling northbound....

The physical bus stop (which is the first pickup stop) is ON 32nd street b/w 7th av & 6th av... it's much closer to 7th av.... you can't miss it.

Don't go running for (and blindly boarding) a bus assuming it's the M4, b/c as I said, there's another route that begins/ends there....

Archived