Will the (2)&(5) lines receive R62A's, & will the (7) Line Receive R142s &/or R142As?

r40s 4501

So.....

Will the (7) line get R142's or R142A's? is correct B)

No again. You are using the apostrophe just as you put "is" at the end, not a plural.

Grammar children!

Finally, imo, I don't think the MTA should care about what 'riders prefer', the riders should be happy they even have a train. Plus the R62As are not that bad and the 6 only stopped running them like 6 years ago.

Let's clear something up. I think in this case you are talking about the original poster, but people who create these, I don't consider 'riders". It's more like: I don't think the (MTA) should care about what foamers prefer, blah blah.

--------------------------

How many more of these threads for such and such trains on such and such lines? Ask Santa, maybe he'll fulfill your wishes for Christmas.

:lock::lock::lock::lock::lock:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright fair enough, but my point stands about the MTA should run things the way they see fit than what the public wants. This has nothing to do with personal preference, it makes the most sense to swap as few amount of trains as possible without disrupting service greatly.

And maybe the op should stop making so many incomprehensible threads. It's hard to understand what he's saying and this is not AIM.

Alright fair enough, but my point stands about the MTA should run things the way they see fit than what the public wants. This has nothing to do with personal preference, it makes the most sense to swap as few amount of trains as possible without disrupting service greatly.

And maybe the op should stop making so many incomprehensible threads.

Correct.

And maybe the op should stop making so many incomprehensible threads. It's hard to understand what he's saying and this is not AIM.

IAWTP.

It's unnecessary and advised against.

No again. You are using the apostrophe just as you put "is" at the end, not a plural.

Grammar children!

Let's clear something up. I think in this case you are talking about the original poster, but people who create these, I don't consider 'riders". It's more like: I don't think the (MTA) should care about what foamers prefer, blah blah.

I think we are all in agreement about the second part, although as a daily <7> rider I'd like to see new trains on the line. B) Ain't happening unless the (MTA) says so.

Grammar, however, we are not. Just searching online I'm seeing people on both sides. Like I said, it's probably regional or different style preferences, as with the series comma. I'm sticking with my apostrophe where I see fit.

I do not see the (2) nor the (5) swapping their R142 cars with the (7) and their R62A cars at all. In fact I'm reading reports that the (7) will get converted R142A cars from the (6) and not the R142s. I don't know, it's too early to tell.

Back to topic, the (2)(5) will keep their R142s. I don't think most passengers would be too happy to see cars other than R142 on the (2)(5). (7) will get R188s in which I have no clue what they look like.

No... According to an FAQ proposed[2010-2014] report of the t/a site they are ordering 146 NEW cars it says nothing about Westchesters 142A being moved to Corona..

No... According to an FAQ proposed[2010-2014] report of the t/a site they are ordering 146 NEW cars it says nothing about Westchesters 142A being moved to Corona..

All I'm aware of is that the (1), (2) and (3) will see increased service as a result of the R188 order. Nothing else.

IF the (7)'s R62/As were swapped with the (6) fleet, wouldn't there be the issue of having leftover singles due to 11 car trains on the (7)?

There not being sent to westchester yard nor corona is getting R142s, and no conversions.. Read my above post..And i think some of the R62As used on the (3) were sent to the (7) too..

All I'm aware of is that the (1), (2) and (3) will see increased service as a result of the R188 order. Nothing else.

Yup! R142A on the (6) i like, Plus for people who love the railfan window can see a change in seeing it somewhere else then just the flushing.. If they don't rearrange the cars....

I could of sworn that the t/a was gonna sh*t can the R62s but im wrong.. More service for the IRT West Side.. but depends on which yard(s) will get em.. It would be nice to see em out of 239th for the (2) but because of Flatbush swaps with the (5)<5> then its highly unsure..

The MTA can't get rid of the R62s just yet, those cars aren't even near 30 yet. They're in a mid-life crisis but they can last until 50. Remember, stainless steel!

To bad the "R188" `couldnt just wait for a while, but because the (7) needs em then It needs em...

Did they start SMS already? Im seeing most 62As being smsed..

Because they are still not sure over what trains to send over to the 7 yet and the 7 needs, I think, like 450 cars give or take. So, something has to be taken to make the total number around that.

The MTA can't get rid of the R62s just yet, those cars aren't even near 30 yet. They're in a mid-life crisis but they can last until 50. Remember, stainless steel!

Exactly, if anything the addition of these 'R188s' will create a surplus of cars. The only trains I might understand could be retired are the Kawasaki R62s. I just feel the BBD ones are a bit better than their Kawasaki counterparts. But I really doubt anything will be retired due to the R188s.

Because they are still not sure over what trains to send over to the 7 yet and the 7 needs, I think, like 450 cars give or take. So, something has to be taken to make the total number around that.

But they are not sending any extra cars or converting em for the (7).. Once those R62As are out of corona they will just be used for extra cars on the West side not replacement bro.

Exactly, if anything the addition of these 'R188s' will create a surplus of cars. The only trains I might understand could be retired are the Kawasaki R62s. I just feel the BBD ones are a bit better than their Kawasaki counterparts. But I really doubt anything will be retired due to the R188s.

Trust me man, nothing will get replaced.

But they are not sending any extra cars or converting em for the (7).. Once those R62As are out of corona they will just be used for extra cars on the West side not replacement bro.

I know. They are taking enough of the 10-car trains and the R188s are just going to be the single cars to be inserted into the 10-car train. This will mean a surplus for the main line IRT.

Trust me man, nothing will get replaced.

No, I agree. I doubt that anything will be replaced as well. I'm only saying if anything has to be replaced, they should start with the R62s.

I know. They are taking enough of the 10-car trains and the R188s are just going to be the single cars to be inserted into the 10-car train. This will mean a surplus for the main line IRT.

No, I agree. I doubt that anything will be replaced as well. I'm only saying if anything has to be replaced, they should start with the R62s.

ah ok! To bad the t/a couldnt at least find something for the 42nd street shuttle to make it 100% NTT, but still the R62As are good there..

ah ok! To bad the t/a couldnt at least find something for the 42nd street shuttle to make it 100% NTT, but still the R62As are good there..

I know I may get shut down for this, but I really don't care: they should put the R130s into good use and have them run on the 42nd Street Shuttle as a rush hour train. The rarity of parts BS is something I'm not going to buy into at all because if the TA wanted to, they could sure as hell replace all the parts with R142/A parts instead. R10-42 parts were all capable of being shared with each other, right? Why not the R130s with the R142/As?

I know I may get shut down for this, but I really don't care: they should put the R130s into good use and have them run on the 42nd Street Shuttle as a rush hour train. The rarity of parts BS is something I'm not going to buy into at all because if the TA wanted to, they could sure as hell replace all the parts with R142/A parts instead. R10-42 parts were all capable of being shared with each other, right? Why not the R130s with the R142/As?

Because computers are involved and things just don't work that way. It's basically two different technologies and not only would the systems be interchangeable but the control for them would be also. It would be a tremendous expense and a tremendous amount of work to do so, with no other benefit than railfan amusement. And rarity of parts is not BS, because every train in service needs spare parts and this would add a whole list of parts to keep in stock at the yards where they'd be running. So either option (overhauling the cars to modern NTT standards or carrying more spare R110 parts) is undesirable.

The R110A's could be set up with tow cables on both ends and be 'towed' back and forth like the San Fran cable cars B) j/k

But really, they should run 5-car trains on the GC Shuttle. I just wished they would rennovate the shuttle platform at TS. I also feel that once tracks 1 and 3 are able to hold 5-car trains, track 4 can be a storage track for work trains and removed from service.

The R110A's could be set up with tow cables on both ends and be 'towed' back and forth like the San Fran cable cars B) j/k

But really, they should run 5-car trains on the GC Shuttle. I just wished they would rennovate the shuttle platform at TS. I also feel that once tracks 1 and 3 are able to hold 5-car trains, track 4 can be a storage track for work trains and removed from service.

5 car trains won't work it depends on which tracks anyways.. Track 1-4 takes only 3 and Track 3 takes 4.. Unless the t/a modifies it which i doubt that would happen..

Because computers are involved and things just don't work that way. It's basically two different technologies and not only would the systems be interchangeable but the control for them would be also. It would be a tremendous expense and a tremendous amount of work to do so, with no other benefit than railfan amusement. And rarity of parts is not BS, because every train in service needs spare parts and this would add a whole list of parts to keep in stock at the yards where they'd be running. So either option (overhauling the cars to modern NTT standards or carrying more spare R110 parts) is undesirable.

The cars can be overhauled at very little expense. Trust me, these cars costed more because all this technology involved to run trains costed more; with the demand for it so high now, especially with the advent of the R160 order, the technology is not as expensive anymore. And it's not just about railfan amusement, although railfans are just as important as regular passengers because railfans pay their fare just to ride the subway, and that's it. Why not create any appeal for them???

5 car trains won't work it depends on which tracks anyways.. Track 1-4 takes only 3 and Track 3 takes 4.. Unless the t/a modifies it which i doubt that would happen..

The cars are capable of running in a four-car set (e.g. A-B-B-A).

Archived