NYCTA B/O question

StepInStandClear

I took an exam back in 2006 and passed, I believe it was 5025. Last year, I was called into Livingston Street in which I had a lil orientation which was followed by another visit a month later (Feb 2008). On that last day, I filled out some forms and when they discovered that I didnot have my CDL permit, I was given a phone number to call once the permit was obtained.

My question to the group is, how far along in the hiring process was I at ? Also, I was told that I have 5 years from the date of the test score for my list number to be removed from the system. Do I still have a chance with that test score/list number ?? or am I better off taking another B/O exam when it comes up ?

Thanks in Advance

I took an exam back in 2006 and passed, I believe it was 5025. Last year, I was called into Livingston Street in which I had a lil orientation which was followed by another visit a month later (Feb 2008). On that last day, I filled out some forms and when they discovered that I didnot have my CDL permit, I was given a phone number to call once the permit was obtained.

My question to the group is, how far along in the hiring process was I at ? Also, I was told that I have 5 years from the date of the test score for my list number to be removed from the system. Do I still have a chance with that test score/list number ?? or am I better off taking another B/O exam when it comes up ?

Thanks in Advance

You had plenty of time beforehand to get your CDL Permit after taking the 5025 exam in 2006. What was the reason for the delay? All I can tell you is that the list you are on is still active with an expiration date in the fall of 2011.

They are up to around #4,000. You have to get your list number reinstated I guess. If it were up to me I would remove people like you from the list, complete waste of time. If you don't have your stuff together when they call you in for processing then you are not really serious about the job.

You had plenty of time beforehand to get your CDL Permit after taking the 5025 exam in 2006. What was the reason for the delay? All I can tell you is that the list you are on is still active with an expiration date in the fall of 2011.

They are up to around #4,000. You have to get your list number reinstated I guess. If it were up to me I would remove people like you from the list, complete waste of time. If you don't have your stuff together when they call you in for processing then you are not really serious about the job.

Now , now, lets play nice, some people are slower then others.

BTW slow people will be dropped on day 10, so dont worry

StepInStandClear : get CDL, get your name reinstated, you still have 1 shot to get back on the list before the list will go bye bye .

BTW, how many papers did you get from MTA that listed the requirements? I belive CDL was listed on at least 4-5 different papers ( Why you never got it ? )

Locomotion does have a point. Why would you even take the exam, knowing yourself you didn't have a permit at least. I hope it wasn't one of those, they won't find out routines some try to pull when getting hired by TA. You are working for a NY State agency. They know. Now saying that, you can get put back on the list, and will be put in front of others when a new class starts. Thing is did you get your permit yet?????

Well I didnt know that I would be called within such a short period of time. From what I was being told, it would take several months for all the steps to develop but in my case, it was literally weeks. When I went that 2nd time and was sent off due to not having a CDL, I thought that my name was merely deleted out of the system. Not until recently was I told about the 5 year expiration. Once I get my CDL, should I call DCAS or NYCTA Employment

Thanks in advance

Well I didnt know that I would be called within such a short period of time. From what I was being told, it would take several months for all the steps to develop but in my case, it was literally weeks. When I went that 2nd time and was sent off due to not having a CDL, I thought that my name was merely deleted out of the system. Not until recently was I told about the 5 year expiration. Once I get my CDL, should I call DCAS or NYCTA Employment

YOU BETTER MOVE YOUR ASS.....YOU JUST LOST OUT AND AT LEAST 50 TO 75 PEOPLE PER DEPOT WORTH OF SENIORITY WHAT WAS YOUR LIST NUMBER?

YOU BETTER MOVE YOUR ASS.....YOU JUST LOST OUT AND AT LEAST 50 TO 75 PEOPLE PER DEPOT WORTH OF SENIORITY WHAT WAS YOUR LIST NUMBER?

Yae for real man...get a move on it will be at least a month before you get a date to take the CDL test with NYS......plus you want to take a few lessons with some cdl place......don't do Ferrari.....they are a rip off!!!.....I see a bus on 21st street one block away from 20th ave heading towards Coned......it is at a Gulf gas station on the right.....or in CP right behind the depot on CP boulevard....

Archived