SEPTA strike: Congrats Phillies fan on WS Game 5 win. Now walk to work!

N-Trizzy2609

Philly might have won Game 5 of the World Series but the city struck out at home.

The City of Brotherly Love woke Tuesday morning to a transit strike that left hundreds of thousands of commuters scrambling to get to work.

The 3 a.m. walkout by Transit Workers Union Local 243 shut down down all subway, bus and trolley service in the city and affected Frontier Division buses in Bucks, Montgomery, and Chester counties.

Philly's SEPTA transit system averages more than 928,000 trips each weekday.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2009/11/03/2009-11-03_transit_union_representing_philadelphias_septa_workers_strike_as_world_series_ga.html#ixzz0VoRuTWL3

post-122-133288581103_thumb.jpg

post-122-133288581103_thumb.jpg

At least the SEPTA rank and file had the decency to wait till after the World Series to strike.

Well I wish them all the best. Were both in the same boat, only thing is they have the legal right to strike and we don't. This non sense must stop. :septa: and the (MTA)(NYCT) think they can just walk all over their workers.

What?:eek: Just when I thought it was over! Those workers are sending a message? Well, I'd like to send them a message!

To all involved in the strike: I encourage you to just say "$%@#&^% this!" and go back to work!:cool:

And Septa: give them what they want!:P

And the Suburban transit! Hey, Septa workers! Why are you still striking around?! Go back to work already! You won't get paid for being on strike!

Those lines are on contract by the counties they serve, not 100% funded by the state either. If they re-activated all the rail lines & stations they could get rid of many of the bus lines.

- A

Archived