Automated Announcements on Buses

LTA1992

Has the (MTA) ever considered plans to put automated announcements on buses? Just to say where it's going. Ex- "This is a B82 Bus to Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue" or "This is a B44 LIMITED Bus to Williamsburg Bridge Terminal". Announcements like that. That way it would be clear and can be heard and payed attention to. Bringing back the external speakers.

That probably was 9624, which now resides @ QV without that.

NYCB_Nova_Clever-Devices.jpg

*-Picture is property of Trevor Logan and ttmg!!!)

It would be soc cool if it was like-

"This is Jamaica Ave, transfer is available to the Q1,Q36, and Q88 bus. Connection is available to the LIRR"

Can't B/O's record an external announcement which plays when the doors open? I've heard it a few times, such as "This is a Veterans Avenue B41 local" and it repeats over and over.

Yeah, but it isn't clear. I mean clear and easy to hear automated announcements.

Can't B/O's record an external announcement which plays when the doors open? I've heard it a few times, such as "This is a Veterans Avenue B41 local" and it repeats over and over.

I have heard that announcement at Nostrand-Flatbush Junction. I think they would be better off renaming the line to like a B41b and the other the B41a. People are still going to be confused over what bus is what thinking the Bergen Beach bus is going to Kings Plaza.

Archived