R1/R9 coming in December 2009

mark1447

There were a bunch of reasons those trips were done away with...a few too many to go over here but two of the biggest ones involved:

-bad behavior by railfans on the trip

-poor cash controls over collecting the money for the trips

and that is why i get on the foamers who yell, scream, and curse out the window at people on the platform...because that doesn't make fantrips look good..all it takes is one stupid incident, so don't do it...

Good points. I generally stayed towards the back or middle of the train and tend to avoid the front car if at all possible because of foamers hogging the front window.

On my first MOD trip, I got yelled at for standing in the way of a few people's shots. If they asked nicely I would've gotten out of the way without being pissed off about it, but eh I guess that's why they call them foamers.

The original IRT from 137(or 145) to City hall. But that wont work..Because of connecting from IRT West to East..

Yup The track connections aren't there to do that anymore. S/B 7th Av local can't get to Shuttle Tk 1, N/B Lex local can't get to shuttle Tk 4

Yup The track connections aren't there to do that anymore. S/B 7th Av local can't get to Shuttle Tk 1, N/B Lex local can't get to shuttle Tk 4

How do they get trains from track 4 to IRT 7th Ave NB tracks? Pull ramp up?

Has the idea of reconnecting the East & West IRT at 42nd been given any consideration by the powers that be? While I can't see it being useful for revenue trains, I could see it possibly being of help during a G/O.

Has the idea of reconnecting the East & West IRT at 42nd been given any consideration by the powers that be? While I can't see it being useful for revenue trains, I could see it possibly being of help during a G/O.

None whatsoever. That would require a grade crossing like at Myrtle Avenue (J)(M)(Z) across the 7th Avenue Tracks to connect 1tk Shuttle and 1tk 7th Ave. It would also require some kind of crazy connection through one of the existing staircases and corridors on the shuttle platform, and somehow past the Lexington Avenue lines to connect 4tk shuttle to 4tk Manhattan Mainline. No way. I don't even think it's physically possible

I would agree with (W) also.

I remember they did that Shopper Special during subway centennials.

They could run between 57th St and Whitehall St. They could relay on track between 57th St-7th Av and Lexington Av-63rd St.

If (Q) was on express track at 57th St-7th Av, Low-V could safety switch over to unrevenue track, right?

I would agree with (W) also.

I remember they did that Shopper Special during subway centennials.

They could run between 57th St and Whitehall St. They could relay on track between 57th St-7th Av and Lexington Av-63rd St.

If (Q) was on express track at 57th St-7th Av, Low-V could safety switch over to unrevenue track, right?

If the (Q) was on the express track at 57/7, all four tracks would be in passenger service, so there would be no non-revenue track at the station. The Lo-V could potentially relay there but it would have to be fit in with regular (Q) service which could cause delays.

Archived