Mayor Michael Bloomberg defeats William Thompson by thin margin

LRG

How is that......I mean how can u say race had something to do with that....I mean with billthompson...he never told me what he was gonna do or his plans....he was a guy who was just running...he was just there.....I'm black guy ....and I like bloomberg....don't llike the fact that he ran again but I like the guy....race have nothing to do with it...if bloomberg had someone better to run against then maybe he would had lost..

< self-important garbage removed >

Claiming that you have (or are close to having) x degree in y major does nothing to help your case. There are just as many idiots with college degrees as there are without. Just because some guy from Ridgewood (that's all you are in the grand scheme of things) says it's so doesn't mean it is.

no, that is soicalism. I'm a year short of a BA in poltical science, I know what the heck I'm talking about, you obvoiusly don't. You talk about common sense, but seem to have no probelm bashing the only man on the ballot yesterday who actually has any.

I think it was NASCAR here who once said "A thermometer has a lot of degrees and you know where you stick those"

Get used to it kid. Without real world experience you don't know what you're talking about. I was there once myself. If you REALLY look at what's going on in the world and REALLY understand it you will see that our politicians have done nothing to fix a problem economy because they don't know what they are doing and they have been bought and paid for by special interests. Sure, they say they're not, because it's really easy to get in front of a camera, or send a letter out that says I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMAN, but they screwed the pooch and now the vast majority of Americans are paying for what they allowed to happen. There are no laws on honesty when promoting one's self.

The illusion of how intelligent the so called joke "masters of the universe" are is just that...an illusion. The sooner people wake up to that and the fact they are getting screwed by people whose only skill in life is ROBBING YOU in a way that they can say is legal, instead of being blindly optimistic with no concrete reasons to be, the better. Hell people are reaching for some good news. Oh layoffs are "slowing down" - they're not stopping, they're not hiring people, but the rate is slowing down. And stupid news like that causes stocks to go up, the dollar to go down, and oil and gas prices to go up. Meanwhile the taxes keep going up and up, except WE THE PEOPLE don't have the tax shelters the crooks do, carved out by the two party system.

We.

Are.

Screwed.

Got it?

If the city didn't have to give upstate tax revenues to keep them stable on 'welfare', the city might be better off. If the city ever became it's own state, that would be the best day in history.

I tell ya he wasn't supposed to win. Someone rigged them voting computers. All the selections voted Bloomberg :)

And you know this how? [Other than you just hating Bloomberg.]

It's disgusting what happened last night. NYer's are dumber than a pile of rocks to be voting for Michael Bloomberg's sorry ass. This city is going to get worse under Bloomberg. It's already happening with him running things. People are already getting priced out of this city and it will continue to happen. I don't see Bloomberg using $85 million dollars of his money to fix up building for the homeless to live in, more schools for kids to go to or fixing up the infrastructure for the subways that he continually makes it a point to ride but seems to only ride in Manhattan and no where else. Bloomberg is full of shit and so are the people who voted for him. A good portion of those who voted for him will be homeless or be priced out of this city in 2-3 years, you watch.

It seems like most of Bloomberg's support came from affluent areas like the Upper East Side and Douglaston while lower and middle class New Yorkers supported Thompson. 4 more years of Scrooge...

Staten Island all went to Bloomberg, and it has a varying degree of income levels

Staten Island all went to Bloomberg, and it has a varying degree of income levels

What would you expect? Staten Island is all Republican...the last time they went Democrat was in 2004 when they voted for John Kerry.

While I am typically the last to see race as an issue in elections, A significant amount of SIers are racist and intolerant. I've seen a few of them. Hell, google "Guido" and see what comes up. Sadly their parents are probably the main cause of their bad attitudes.

Also Wasn't that where those kids got shot after they threatended a black man's family for no apparent reason other than a stupid school fight?

While I am typically the last to see race as an issue in elections, A significant amount of SIers are racist and intolerant. I've seen a few of them. Hell, google "Guido" and see what comes up. Sadly their parents are probably the main cause of their bad attitudes.

Also Wasn't that where those kids got shot after they threatended a black man's family for no apparent reason other than a stupid school fight?

What do you expect? Staten Island is ridden with Italian mafia lords and crap. The southern portion of Staten Island is extremely racist. That is one place you do not want to step foot at, especially in Tottenville.

What do you expect? Staten Island is ridden with Italian mafia lords and crap. The southern portion of Staten Island is extremely racist. That is one place you do not want to step foot at, especially in Tottenville.

Really!? I go to SI all the time, it seems peaceful. Do I have to watch out now? :confused:

Really!? I go to SI all the time, it seems peaceful. Do I have to watch out now? :confused:

Just be careful, especially if you are in an area that you are not too familiar with, unless you want to take the risk. I went to Staten Island in 2007 for the first time in almost 6 years and I rode the SIR from Tompkinsville to Eltingville (ditched the fare :)) and rode the X1 back to Manhattan. Since then, I 've ventured to Staten Island more often, skating around the Island for hours to eb honest (how's does the college to the mall to Arrochar suffice???) and from Saint George to the mall as well. It's a real nice area, if you ask me.

Just be careful, especially if you are in an area that you are not too familiar with, unless you want to take the risk. I went to Staten Island in 2007 for the first time in almost 6 years and I rode the SIR from Tompkinsville to Eltingville (ditched the fare :)) and rode the X1 back to Manhattan. Since then, I 've ventured to Staten Island more often, skating around the Island for hours to eb honest (how's does the college to the mall to Arrochar suffice???) and from Saint George to the mall as well. It's a real nice area, if you ask me.

it is a nice area. I like Tottenville ( the water :P )

If the city didn't have to give upstate tax revenues to keep them stable on 'welfare', the city might be better off. If the city ever became it's own state, that would be the best day in history.

I really don't see why it doesn't happen. It would save NYC from the Legislature in Albany that someone described as "probably second only to Somalia when it comes to ineffectiveness."

NY State is the cancer or a leech sucking the city dry. This was fine as most of the revenues was covered by Wall St, but with Wall St gone the city needs every cent it can keep.

So why don't you say let's get rid of the tumor.

New York City - State #51 :)

NY State is the cancer or a leech sucking the city dry. This was fine as most of the revenues was covered by Wall St, but with Wall St gone the city needs every cent it can keep.

Wall st is not "gone" it just doesn't pay its fair share of taxes because it moves its money around overseas to the Cayman Islands and other areas with virtually no taxes.

Archived