Southern BMT; 12-15-07

Brighton Local

Coney Island Bound (D) Trains via West End Express between 9 Av and Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue

A T.S.S. stopped me at 4Av/9 St on the (F) for photographing. I had told him that it clearly states in the MTA Rules of Conduct (which I always carry on me) that photography is permitted. I asked him if he would like to view the Rules, and without hesitation Quickly answered, yes i would. He looked at it so closely, as if he thinks I typed my own words in there. End result, he said with a deep voice (because i proved him wrong; not in a bad sense, just showing him what is lawful) ' ok sir, have a nice day, just be careful'. So I said thank you, and departed the (F) one stop north at Smith-9th Sts

DSCN8066.jpg

DSCN8068.jpg

DSCN8071.jpg

DSCN8074.jpg

DSCN8083.jpg

DSCN8090.jpg

DSCN8093.jpg

DSCN8096.jpg

DSCN8103.jpg

DSCN8111.jpg

DSCN8115.jpg

DSCN8120.jpg

DSCN8122.jpg

DSCN8126.jpg

DSCN8142.jpg

DSCN8146.jpg

DSCN8147.jpg

DSCN8149.jpg

DSCN8150.jpg

DSCN8163.jpg

DSCN8168.jpg

DSCN8173.jpg

DSCN8178.jpg

DSCN8186.jpg

I'm surprised that the employees still don't get it yet. Leave photographers alone as long as they aren't interfering with service. It's been said too many times that it is legal to do.

True. This was the first time Ive been stopped since 2005. A T/O on the D was really cool with me today; At 79th St, He said, "I hope you got my good side" lol

Great photos Z! You handled it very well in an adult manner. Cool R32 shots.

Thanks Man. Yea, after experiencing getting stopped in the past, you have to know how to handle the situation. R-32's Looking good today.

Did you just print off the rules? Either way, nice pics.

I printed the Rules On December 8th. Thanks

nice job with the photos! and too bad you got yelled at for taking photos, those idiots still can't get it through their thick heads it is ok to take photos in the subway.

and you are lucky you don't get yelled at, i got yelled at 4 TIMES (once by t/o, once by conductor, twice by cops) in the period of 5 months (Jan-May 2007). luckily, after that second time with the cop i haven't been bothered, and i hope it stays this way too.

Maybe I can bump into you one day to or from work. I don't photograph to the subway too much. I just like to photograph commuter & passenger rail from time to time.

Isn't commuter and passenger rail the same thing? I ask because in the gallery I see both.

Isn't commuter and passenger rail the same thing? I ask because in the gallery I see both.

New Jersey Transit is a state-wide passenger rail system which of course people use to commute to and from Manhattan. Amtrak is the nation-wide passenger rail system. LIRR and Metro-North are the commuter rail with just access to city and back. They could mean the same I just think its more proper to seperate them for what they really are.

New Jersey Transit is a state-wide passenger rail system which of course people use to commute to and from Manhattan. Amtrak is the nation-wide passenger rail system. LIRR and Metro-North are the commuter rail with just access to city and back. They could mean the same I just think its more proper to seperate them for what they really are.

Those systems though have different rules on photography right?

Archived