The R42's are going Fast

R32 3838

50 R42's are left as of last Thursday, 3-4 Trainsets on the (V) and 1 on the (R), This weekend the (R) was 100% R46, Today I got an R32 on the (R). The (R) will be getting the R160's by the end of year.

I'll believe when I see it...because people been saying the samething last year during this time.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll believe when I see it...because people been saying the samething last year during this time.

Im going to be honest, The R160 (R) is all talk So I have to agree, But as for the R42's there are 50 at Jamaica and 50 at ENY, 1 was on the (R) and the other 4 trainsets were on the (V), 1 Trainset that was on the (V) was Taken OOS for problems and the R42 (R) that I was on was changed into a (V).

Im going to be honest, The R160 (R) is all talk So I have to agree, But as for the R42's there are 50 at Jamaica and 50 at ENY, 1 was on the (R) and the other 4 trainsets were on the (V), 1 Trainset that was on the (V) was Taken OOS for problems and the R42 (R) that I was on was changed into a (V).

I need to railfan those two lines badly then if they're only 50 R42s left at Jamaica. Aren't there some R32s at Jamaica still?

I saw an R42 (R) at Queens Plaza going N/B at 5:42 PM today. I saw this same train at the same location/time a week or two ago. I think this is a put-in from 59th St ~4:30 PM.

I was on that Train, Nope It was a 14:55(2:55pm) Put in at 71st, And its a 16:33 (4:33) out of 95th, Yesterday an R32 was in the same intervaul.

Say goodbye to the R32 and R42 forever on the (E)(F)(G)(R)(V) as we head to 2010.

Looks like it will be a combination of R46 + R160.

So (E) is 100% R160 now I hear.

Is (F) 100% R160 or close to it yet?

Apparently (G) will stay R46.

(R) will be the next line to get R160.

Then what? (G) + (V) in the future will get R160 after that or R179s or R68A or something?

Good riddance to the R42. Those remaining R32 + R42's should be the next cars on the Barge of Death if all goes right. Did that barge ever come back?

Right Now, All this week the (R) has 1 SMEE as a PM rush Hour Put-in at 71st, I rode an R32 Monday,Wendsday and Thursday, Tuesday I rode an R42 from times Sq.

Is that PM rush hour put-in the same one as the 2:55 out of CTL/4:33 out of Bay Ridge you told me about earlier?

Then what? (G) + (V) in the future will get R160 after that or R179s or R68A or something?

Good riddance to the R42. Those remaining R32 + R42's should be the next cars on the Barge of Death if all goes right. Did that barge ever come back?

The (E) has been 100% R160 for the past four months now, except for a couple of days about a month or two ago where an R32 popped up on the line.

The (F) is over half R160.

As for the (G) and the (V), it's too early to tell right now. Most likely they will stick with the R46s in the near future.

The barge came back a week ago, and it carried the last of the R40Ms and some R42s.

Right Now, All this week the (R) has 1 SMEE as a PM rush Hour Put-in at 71st, I rode an R32 Monday,Wendsday and Thursday, Tuesday I rode an R42 from times Sq.

What time is that SMEE put into service? I may want to catch it on Monday. I may also railfan on Wednesday so I may hunt for it on that day too.

Say goodbye to the R32 and R42 forever on the (E)(F)(G)(R)(V) as we head to 2010.

Looks like it will be a combination of R46 + R160.

The R42's are going, There are 40 left, All I saw was 1 R32 on the (R) that I took, I did not see any R42's on the (R), As for the R32's That is a big question.

Archived