What is your favorite shop & yard

St Louis Car 09

Hey gang! I just thought of this thread topic today,and im curious to know what is your favorite shop and yard.Basing your decisions on yard size,maintenace facility,rail car performance after repair and other things to throw in the mix.To start things off, my favorite shops are 207th street overhaul shop and coney island overhaul shop due to their work on some of our rail cars during GOH (especially R44`s):) and corona maintenance shop because of its close proximity to flushing meadows and good running R62A`s, and some fond memories.So type your choices have fun!:P

So many Favrites Tread lol

But what ever..

Fav:

TOP...

East 239th, Love seeing me R142 and a good view for the (2)<5>,

East 180th/Union Port[God I love seeing me Redbirds lol]

207th Street yup the home of all Scraps and deaths :P plus a nice view on the 1.

Concourse! Great view over bedford Pk blvd..

La Corona :), excellent view of LIRR, NYC Subway and even Casey S. Depot..

East New York! Great view of R42s, 143, 160 from the BMT

Rockaway Beach Yard

So far so good..

I like Westchester YD (6) , 207 St Yard (C) and Coney Island YD (;)(N)(Q)(W) is just good to look at. I think E 180 Barn (5) does the best job performance wise but most of the fleet is layed up at night. 207 Yard (A)(C) along with Pitkin (A)(C) does a great job keeping the R32/44/46 going.

The Yard is dislike the Most 174 Storage Yard (C) its dark and creepy and if something happens to you no one would ever know. Its a dungon!

Hey gang! I just thought of this thread topic today,and im curious to know what is your favorite shop and yard.Basing your decisions on yard size,maintenace facility,rail car performance after repair and other things to throw in the mix.To start things off, my favorite shops are 207th street overhaul shop and coney island overhaul shop due to their work on some of our rail cars during GOH (especially R44`s):P and corona maintenance shop because of its close proximity to flushing meadows and good running R62A`s, and some fond memories.So type your choices have fun!:)

I like any yard that maintains its cars well.

Archived