Discipline

LexAveExp5

each department is different in terms of how they hand out disipline........i never got to visit 2 broadway or 130 livingston in regards to disipline, but as others have pointed out ta will most certainly fire you for these things: stealing time, abuse of sick time and forging documents........

in other cases, they may look to give suspensions or demotions depending on what you do.........

one thing ta does try to do is if someone has lots of time(20 + years), ta is known to try and go for dismissal just so that worker wouldnt get a pension!

for the most part if you are honest, i dont think they are too hard on you.......if you try and lie, then thats when it gets to get ugly, and ta takes no prisioners in that regard.........

ok, that doesnt sound too bad. one problem i have with something i heard is the snitching. when that train operator had their kid in the cab they suspended the conductor too cuz they didnt report it! is this common practice? or did they only enforce that because it was a public safety issue? cuz im a "mind my own business" kind of guy

it is always enforced when an incident occurs. you can't really mind your own business when you both are partners while operating a train. if one goes down for an incident, the other can easily go down. first question is always who and what? the second question will always be, did their partner do all that could have been done to prevent the incident? if the other person did not follow proper procedure, such as the c/r who was aware that the t/o allowed a child in the cab and did not notify control about it immediately, they're at fault as well and will be disciplined.

it is always enforced when an incident occurs. you can't really mind your own business when you both are partners while operating a train. if one goes down for an incident, the other can easily go down. first question is always who and what? the second question will always be, did their partner do all that could have been done to prevent the incident? if the other person did not follow proper procedure, such as the c/r who was aware that the t/o allowed a child in the cab and did not notify control about it immediately, they're at fault as well and will be disciplined.

You see this is one of the benefits of being a S/A only I can get myself in trouble not anyone else. That is one thing I will miss when I get called for C/R or T/O. Yeah each department disciplines differently. In stations you can get fired your first year if you call out more than three times or be late too many times. Just for me being late just once I had to go the city hall hearing office. The Superintendent told me TA recently change the rules on how they deal with you when your late. In the past he told me I would have been violated instead of being warned. And he also informed me, that had I been on probation things could have been much worst for me. The only other time I can have someone else get me in trouble is if I give or except an improper relief and a Key or any other booth property is missing.

Archived