What happened to the New Flyer CNG's on the B61

Bracamonte

Does anyone know what happened to the New Flyer CNG's and the Orion VII CNG's that used to be on the B61? The only buses I see on that route are RTS's and hybrids.

The route has been transferred to Grand Av. Depot, which doesn't use the New Flyers and the O7 CNGs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Does anyone know what happened to the New Flyer CNG's and the Orion VII CNG's that used to be on the B61? The only buses I see on that route are RTS's and hybrids.

It's because Jackie Gleason houses all the New Flyer CNGs. The B61 is now based out of the Grand Avenue Depot which only has RTS and hybrids. Same goes for the B43. There are other bus lines as well that underwent a transfer.

They got the following lines from the following depots...

B13 (from Fresh Pond)

B24 (from Fresh Pond)

B39 (from Fresh Pond)

B43 (from Jackie Gleason)

B47 (from Flatbush)

B48 (from Fresh Pond)

B51 (from East New York)

B57 (from Fresh Pond)

B60 (from East New York)

B61 (from Jackie Gleason)

Q59 (from Fresh Pond)

For a breif stint, the B15 was also there but it got transfered back to ENY. Also as a result of Grand Av opening, the B65 got transfered to ENY from Gleason. Hope this helps everybody

It's because Jackie Gleason houses all the New Flyer CNGs. The B61 is now based out of the Grand Avenue Depot which only has RTS and hybrids. Same goes for the B43. There are other bus lines as well that underwent a transfer.
I heard about the Grand ave depot and its looks very nice.Does anyone have a pic of their depot logo?

Very cool.I take it that they have pride in being a green depot.Thanks for the pic.

What's funny (and ironic) about that comment is that... the depot is located in & around a dump (well not literally, but I think you get the point... I hope).... it smells funny over there too... and I'm not talking about the exhaust, or any other odors that emanate from a bus.....

What's funny (and ironic) about that comment is that... the depot is located in & around a dump (well not literally, but I think you get the point... I hope).... it smells funny over there too... and I'm not talking about the exhaust, or any other odors that emanate from a bus.....
LOL thats wierd.That`s like building a windmill farm on top of an oil field.Hell I guess its whats on the inside of the facilty that makes it green.

Here ya go:

Grand_Avenue.jpg

Looks like AMS Depot! Tho I like old AMS Logo with the RTS in it!

Yeah that is why West Farms has more CNGs.

why didnt the t/a allow em to stick with the RTS instead they replace em with O5 CNGs?

Thanks for the breakdown. And is this why JG gave up some CNGs to WF due to the loss of those routes?

Partially correct. West Farms also increased runs on a few routes of their own, along with Jackie Gleason losing their two routes to GA during the 2008 system pick, so it was a lose-lose situation for JG, in a way.

JG lost 43 Orion VII CNG units to West Farms.

Also, please note the B61 will be returning to Jackie Gleason effective January 2010 as part of the new B61 / B62 route change that will be implemented. B61 will operate between Red Hook & Downtown Brooklyn, while the B62 will be from Downtown Brooklyn to Long Island City, operated by Grand Avenue Depot.

Archived