Amtrak power (to the overhead line) problems causing huge delays on NEC, NJCL, MtDi.

metsfan

That bridge is nearly 100 years old and Amtrak continues to not care about it until the ARC is complete. This is an outrage!

Actually they are in the process for bids to replace it, should be complete before ARC, 2015.

- A

Nov 05, 2009 09:59:15 PM

Rail Update Northeast Corridor train #3882, the 9:02pm from Trenton is on the move operating 25 minutes late due to earlier mechanical problem.

Nov 05, 2009 09:50:50 PM

Northeast Corridor train #3737, the 9:54pm departure from New York Penn is canceled. Passengers may use train #3891, the 10:11 pm departure from NYPS.

Nov 05, 2009 09:43:43 PM

Rail Update: NEC, NJCL & Midtown Direct trains experiencing 60-90 minute delays due to Amtrak power problems at Portal Bridge. PATH cross-honoring at Newark, Hoboken and 33rd Street.

Nov 05, 2009 09:10:54 PM

Northeast Corridor train #3984, the 9:22pm from Trenton is cancelled. Passengers may use train #3886, the 9:51pm from Trenton Transit.

Nov 05, 2009 08:47:28 PM

Northeast Corridor train #3881, the 7:49pm departure from New York is canceled. Passengers may use train #3883 the 8:11pm departure from New York.

All hell is breaking loose cuz of this... :(

- A

My Keystone was Slow Yesterday due to Track work , it annoyes me , they should do it at night , i think Amtrak should hand over most of it operations to another Train Company like CSX which would probably take care of the Bridges and Tunnels better then Retarded Amtrak!:mad::mad::confused:

My Keystone was Slow Yesterday due to Track work , it annoyes me , they should do it at night , i think Amtrak should hand over most of it operations to another Train Company like CSX which would probably take care of the Bridges and Tunnels better then Retarded Amtrak!:mad::mad::confused:

Before you that, please keep in mind that CSX is directly controlled by the FRA. Since the FRA is so "concerned about the safety" of other things, the Portal Bridge would most likely be its last priority.

I was on a creeping keystone too the other day. The express track (track 3) is not in service so they can run the tie replacement machine whenever they can get a full shift in. Sometimes stuff takes longer than it should because it's a busy corridor and they don't have a lot of breathing room, but they are ahead of schedule as they were last year, about 4 weeks ahead of schedule, they should be done in the next 3-5 weeks. it was scheduled to take as long as into feb, but that won't be necessary. Once tie replacement is complete, a speed restriction will be in place on track 3 till it settles in and has no incidents, probably about a month or so of that.

- A

• 2 weeks later...
That bridge is nearly 100 years old and Amtrak continues to not care about it until the ARC is complete. This is an outrage!

Actually, Portal Bridge replacement has to finish before ARC is finished, the replacement bridges will provide the route for trains besides :mb:,:pvl:, and Metro-North Pascack Valley and Port Jervis to access the new tunnel. Without the 2 new bridges replacing Portal Bridge ready, everything west of that bridge must continue using the old North River tunnels.

Archived