Times Squre [post Broadway changes] 56k warning

Not bad but a little shaky for some bro

Also best time to take a pic where you surrounded by buildings is midday or early afternoon where more sunlight is at. Make sthe sky more blue depending where you shoot :(!

Not bad but a little shaky for some bro

Also best time to take a pic where you surrounded by buildings is midday or early afternoon where more sunlight is at. Make sthe sky more blue depending where you shoot :(!

I would've gone earlier, but that was the only time i could take the pics. I know some were shaky, I never was that good with a point and shoot cam.

Nice.

Poster reminds me, saw astroboy thurs, was excellent!

I think it's funny that the ball stays there all most all year long exposed 24 hours a day. I believe they are bringing it down next week, not sure though.

- A

I would've gone earlier, but that was the only time i could take the pics. I know some were shaky, I never was that good with a point and shoot cam.

Depends on what type of P/S cam you have. I see you have a DSC-T300 from Sony? From the EXIF file. Looks kinda sporty but nice.:cool:

When taking a pic try to hold it as much as you can. If its in the dark or almost dark you may need to adjust the settings so it wouldn't be to shaky.. Tripods helps when it comes to night shots or low light areas. If its day light , not as cloudy , you see lots of light, no problem you will do fine.

BTW do you have Manual controls? Allowing you to sey Apture and Shutter speeds? Usually its an [M]. If you don't have one, when ever you buy a good camera make sure you have it. Lots of cams don't include that which sucks a bit to taking a good shot. Such as most Nikons..

Nice.

Poster reminds me, saw astroboy thurs, was excellent!

I think it's funny that the ball stays there all most all year long exposed 24 hours a day. I believe they are bringing it down next week, not sure though.

- A

I originally thought the ball is taken down and put back up before New Years. Now i get everything.. Though where is the ball placed? Where the former Cup Nuddle was at?

I usually just use auto mode and let the camera do all the work. I really wasn't there to take 'quality pics', but rather just getting pics of the area as a 'spur of the moment'.

So yeah I coulda been more steady with the cam [and I don't use a tripod as I don't have one nor intend to use one], but eh i take pics however i feel like ;)

Lol, i dunno why your getting on my case now [about the pics], besides they aren't 'that bad' :(

I chalk it up to: going out late and not really focused and just walking around the area.

But don't worry, i'll bring a DSLR cam [sony A100] with me if I'm going for more quality shots.

I usually just use auto mode and let the camera do all the work. I really wasn't there to take 'quality pics', but rather just getting pics of the area as a 'spur of the moment'.

So yeah I coulda been more steady with the cam [and I don't use a tripod as I don't have one nor intend to use one], but eh i take pics however i feel like ;)

Lol, i dunno why your getting on my case now [about the pics], besides they aren't 'that bad' :(

I chalk it up to: going out late and not really focused and just walking around the area.

But don't worry, i'll bring a DSLR cam [sony A100] with me if I'm going for more quality shots.

lol nah im not in no ones case, just being helpful. But Auto is good too just for the hell of it ;) . And didn't know you had a DSLR.

I originally thought the ball is taken down and put back up before New Years. Now i get everything.. Though where is the ball placed? Where the former Cup Nuddle was at?

The ball is taken down, worked on, then put on display at macy's, then the final internal rigging work is done, and it is hoisted back up to the top of 1 times sq, where it stays till new years' eve, where it is raised to the top of the pole, then as the countdown progresses it lowers behind the year number. The year number is worked on when the ball is taken down for work.

I have photos of the ball at macy's last year. Along with the thanksgiving day parade, i intend to make going to look at it up close a regular event.

- A

• 1 month later...
Ahhh this reminds of why I'd be homesick if I were ever to leave New York.... I love this city, so alive and wonderful!

Take it from me, Homesickness is no joke. I miss so many things...

Corner stores, sights and sounds, smells - not bad smells, just city smells!

The air rushing from the subway tunnels

Two stops from destination and train is out of service! I'd walk, but there is usually a bridge involved! :cry:

Archived