R42 Hunting Trip on 11/11/2009

I'm trying to start an railfanning trip on R42s hunting. Here's my plan

1. We meet up at 71st Avenue at the front of the platform at 12:00 PM EST

2. We wait for an R42 (R)(V) Train. If we get an R42 (V) train will do an video run of it from 71st Avenue to 2nd Avenue in Manhattan. Or if we get an R42 (R) Train will do an video run of it from 71st Avenue to Pacific Street.

3. Then we will ride the (D) Train to W 4th Street for an (:) Train

4. We'll take the (:o To W 125th Street for an (C) Train. Take the (C) To W 168th Street and end there.

This trip should 2 hr and 30 min or 3 hr or even less.

If anyone wants to come please reply in this thread.

I dont get how the (D) to the (:) to the (C) is for hunting R42. (Even though the (:o(D) passes the (R)(V) for 42).. Most likely its because R68 is on the (:P(D).. I know you like that line/revenue cars but you should try something else..Besides (A)(B)(C)(D), Even go hunting ENYs R42.. And even 207th Yard from the (1).. Doing it the same may not encourage others to join but few.. But its your trip.. Just suggestion..

I'm trying to start an railfanning trip on R42s hunting. Here's my plan

1. We meet up at 71st Avenue at the front of the platform at 12:00 PM EST

2. We wait for an R42 (R)(V) Train. If we get an R42 (V) train will do an video run of it from 71st Avenue to 2nd Avenue in Manhattan. Or if we get an R42 (R) Train will do an video run of it from 71st Avenue to Pacific Street.

3. Then we will ride the (D) Train to W 4th Street for an (B) Train

4. We'll take the (B) To W 125th Street for an (C) Train. Take the (C) To W 168th Street and end there.

This trip should 2 hr and 30 min or 3 hr or even less.

If anyone wants to come please reply in this thread.

fine. I'll cancel the (C) Train part but were going to change it around a little bit.

After we get an R42 (R) or (V) Train we'll ride the (:) to Brighton Beach with a few stations stops which will be

Avenue J

Sheapshead Bay

Brighton Beach

and take any (Q) Train to Coney Island for the (D) And do a video of it running via West End Express. and we'll end our trip at W 59th Street

I dont get how the (D) to the (:) to the (C) is for hunting R42. (Even though the (:o(D) passes the (R)(V) for 42).. Most likely its because R68 is on the (:P(D).. I know you like that line/revenue cars but you should try something else..Besides (A)(B)(C)(D), Even go hunting ENYs R42.. And even 207th Yard from the (1).. Doing it the same may not encourage others to join but few.. But its your trip.. Just suggestion..

you have a point so thats why I changed it on previous post.

No offense, but you need a lesson on trip planning. If you are R42 hunting, in my opinion you should stick with it. Dont derail the plans onto something that is not part of the plan and is just something out of the blue.

You said it. This I how I would plan it out if I were to hunt down R42s:

1. R42 (V) train from Forest Hills to LES

2. (F) to Essex

3. Backpedal to Broad Street, and wait for an R42 (J)/(Z) train there.

4. Take R42 (J)/(Z) from Broad Street to Jamaica Center

5. Take (E) train upstairs to Forest Hills

6. Take R42 (R) train from Forest Hills to Bay Ridge.

And there you have it. You would have rode the entire routes of the (J), (R), (V) and (Z) lines in R42-style! Hope you have spare batteries if you want to do a video package, Daniel.

you have a point so thats why I changed it on previous post.

I understand i have a point, but you always bring up the CPW line... Even if you do another line thats always included.. If you like the (A)(:P©(D) Try Railfanning along Concourse, St. Nicholas, Fulton, West End, Rockaways.. The Brighton we've scene..

If you want R42s you can't leave out the Nassau Street lines. You have a good chance there too, plus it would switch up your photo scenes a lot and attract more people to the trip. I also think you should have announced it earlier so people can plan their time...

I understand i have a point, but you always bring up the CPW line... Even if you do another line thats always included.. If you like the (A)(:P©(D) Try Railfanning along Concourse, St. Nicholas, Fulton, West End, Rockaways.. The Brighton we've scene..

thats why I changed it a little bit by adding the West End Part after the R42 hunting cause the Uptown (D) is via West End Express from Bay Parkway to 9th Avenue. And as for the (:) I'll just add that as a ride from Pacific Street to Herald Square.

here's my other plan

We meet up at 12:30 PM

We wait for an R42 (R)(V) Lines.

If we get an (R) I'll do a video run on it from 71st Avenue to Pacific Street

If we get an R42 (V) Train we get a video run of it from 71st Avenue to 2nd Avenue.

Then after that We'll wait for the Downtown (B)(D) at Broadway Lafette to Pacific Street and ride it to the (N) And take it to 62nd Street and do a express run on the (D) Video and we'll end our trip there. Is that better now?

Instead of doing the (N) and (D) in South Brooklyn you can spend the same amount of time taking an R42 on the (J) from Broad St. to Jamaica Center. You can easily get back to Manhattan via the (E) afterward.

I don't have time for the (J) Train part. And I told you guys before I was going to do the (J) line R42s another time. Thats why I added the (D) Via West End Line part.

I don't have time for the (J) Train part. And I told you guys before I was going to do the (J) line R42s another time. Thats why I added the (D) Via West End Line part.

but isn't this supposed to be a "R42 hunting trip"? Seems like you just want to make it into a regular fan trip with the R42s as secondary.

I dont get how you dont have time to do ENYs area instead of replacing the R68 (D)[if your tracking an R68] with and R42.. So this doesnt sound like an R42 trip.. But thats you again..

Dude, give the R68s a break. It would be nice to see at least 1 topic with no R68s but something else.

About time to get out of lines with the orange color (:((D)... Like it is... R42s won't be around for much longer, then why don't you go on the (J)? Go to Jamaica or anywhere along the elevated part of the line. West End will only have R68s which you have taken photos of more than enough I think. Make this trip attractive for those participating!

About time to get out of lines with the orange color (:((D)... Like it is... R42s won't be around for much longer, then why don't you go on the (J)? Go to Jamaica or anywhere along the elevated part of the line. West End will only have R68s which you have taken photos of more than enough I think. Make this trip attractive for those participating!

omg. The reason I can't do Jamaica cause my parents won't let me. Thats why I combined this trip with IND Queens Blvd/ BMT 4th Avenue Line and West End Line

omg. The reason I can't do Jamaica cause my parents won't let me. Thats why I combined this trip with IND Queens Blvd/ BMT 4th Avenue Line and West End Line

How is it that your parents cant let you go to ENY but West end? For that id just go..

If your parents already let you railfan then you don't have to tell them where you're railfanning...if they ask you then you can just say you're railfanning in the usual places that you tell them.

If your parents already let you railfan then you don't have to tell them where you're railfanning...if they ask you then you can just say you're railfanning in the usual places that you tell them.

I would of set that, but didnt want people thinking disobeying parents itsnt gd. But I agree with you! Like who tells them where you go everywhere. And if its not the parents, then its you.. Because you dont wanna stalk R42s off ENY but wanna go the easy way to get your R68 gems.. As always..

I agree, how about you just tell your parents you're gonna railfan but you don't have to tell them exactly where. Your mind can always change as to what you wanna do, you know.

I got home an hour late back in June, and I told my mom that I was hunting down the last R40 Slant (A) train, and she understood, because I like trains, which is something she knows. Although I went all the way up to Inwood and back down to Brooklyn, she'll let me railfan anywhere, just as long as I'm with people I know. Then again, there have been a few days that I just railfan by myself.

Archived