A train: What does it do at Coney Island Yard?

tramrunner

img_78130.jpg

here is a picutre. by the way R160 8888 is next to it.

I hope that 8888 is not the highest number of an R160 in NYC.

How doo will they start to appear on Q, and what does an A train do at the yard.

I think the reason why that R44 A train is at conley island yard is because it has something wrong with it that 207 or pikin yard cannot fix as for r160 on the Q there are not enough Q line crews quaified to operate them and the highest number for the R160 is in the 8900.

Looks like a train somposed of "Silver Redbirds" and a couple of original redbuidrd. But they are very well refurbished and look like brand new....I saw it passing over it by a car on a Belt Parkway.

And tell me please what is the highest number of R160ies which already arrived in NYC? Is it still 8888 ?

Isn't Coney Island Yard the only major facility in the whole system? From what I understand they could do things there that can't be done anywhere else in the system.

Coney Island and 207st IIRC, are the two overhaul shops (Coney being the larger). They are equal to Jackie Gleason Depot, Gun Hill Depot, and Zerega Training Facility, which are the major bus overhaul shops.

Archived