MTA roster bus update

ciboii22

the roster update has been edited on november 7th of 2009 . the new desinerline hybrids are 1308# is owned by michael j quill depot the manhattan division . 1302# went from mjq to manhattan ville depot . now i didnt belive this but 1303 # is owned by grand avenue depot . and the 9300's are still at lga . except 9303 it went to the ech scrap yard . and my favoite depot is ulmer park and that still has 256 buses that are banged up . i am going there today to get some shots . east new york still has 9331 and 9339 and hopefully they will next be shipped back home to ulmer park depot .

lol ulmer park needs new buses the seats on the rts novas are killing me . they hurt your bottoms and if your tall oh boy sit down and your legs will get crushed so i have to stand up and people knock me over so thats why i rarley take the buses now . if i take a bus its the private one from my school or i ride with my uncle and i have a reserved seat . and so i take the train home now .

the roster update has been edited on november 7th of 2009 . the new desinerline hybrids are 1308# is owned by michael j quill depot the manhattan division . 1302# went from mjq to manhattan ville depot . now i didnt belive this but 1303 # is owned by grand avenue depot . and the 9300's are still at lga . except 9303 it went to the ech scrap yard . and my favoite depot is ulmer park and that still has 256 buses that are banged up . i am going there today to get some shots . east new york still has 9331 and 9339 and hopefully they will next be shipped back home to ulmer park depot .

Which roster are you talking about?

lol ulmer park needs new buses the seats on the rts novas are killing me . they hurt your bottoms and if your tall oh boy sit down and your legs will get crushed so i have to stand up and people knock me over so thats why i rarley take the buses now . if i take a bus its the private one from my school or i ride with my uncle and i have a reserved seat . and so i take the train home now .

That's one thing I dislike about the RTSs, my legs get jammed up against the back of the seat in front of me, that's why I sit in the sideways seats in the back or front.

I really wonder why Ulmer Park isn't getting any NGs, its fellow forgotten depots Flatbush, Jamaica, & Kingsbridge got them so why not UP? I feel UP should get JFK's & CAS's upcoming deliveries combined (4631-4677), I mean CAS has like 100 NGs already and JFK is like 60% hybrid now.

That's one thing I dislike about the RTSs, my legs get jammed up against the back of the seat in front of me, that's why I sit in the sideways seats in the back or front.

Heh, this is why I always avoid the forward-facing seats on the RTS, I don't fit too well in those damn seats unless it's the rear corner seats, THOSE I can fit in without any problem thanks to the position of the real wheelwells!

I really wonder why Ulmer Park isn't getting any NGs, its fellow forgotten depots Flatbush, Jamaica, & Kingsbridge got them so why not UP? I feel UP should get JFK's & CAS's upcoming deliveries combined (4631-4677), I mean CAS has like 100 NGs already and JFK is like 60% hybrid now.

But the thing is, if you make another depot a dual fleet, you have to train drivers to drive them and workers to maintain/fix them. I think it makes sense to have as few a fleet type as possible as well as the parts needed per depot.

Sure it doesn't seem fair to Ulmer Park, but not every depot has to have a NG. Plus they also have a pretty 'young' RTS fleet or better maintained group compared to years past with those #high 9200-low 9300 RTSs.

And before anyone says anything, I would not have minded if Ulmer was the one with the NGs over Flatbush. I still slightly prefer the RTS over the NGs.

true upk i feel bad for and i was going past flatbush depot and i saw the fleet ops truck . and upk should get ngs hybrids . but ever since the 9300s went to lga they lost the good seats the tall seats from the xpress buses . i loved them seats and they were the best but now the rts nova seats are crappy . well once i hit 18 i am going to work for ulmer park . anyways my bday is december 28th and ima be 15 . any place i could find a application so when i get 18 ?

But the thing is, if you make another depot a dual fleet, you have to train drivers to drive them and workers to maintain/fix them. I think it makes sense to have as few a fleet type as possible as well as the parts needed per depot.

Sure it doesn't seem fair to Ulmer Park, but not every depot has to have a NG. Plus they also have a pretty 'young' RTS fleet or better maintained group compared to years past with those #high 9200-low 9300 RTSs.

And before anyone says anything, I would not have minded if Ulmer was the one with the NGs over Flatbush. I still slightly prefer the RTS over the NGs.

I don't think the driver training issue is a main problem. It could also simply due to the possibility that Ulmer Park didn't want NG's. It was rumored that BP didn't want the 4245-4278 batch (I don't know how valid this is), and the same may apply to UP.

Again, their RTS fleet has improved dramatically with the departure of those suburban seated buses and the arrival of the 5075-5124 [give or take] buses from Flatbush. So it is not like Ulmer is made up of old buses on their last legs. They can survive for a few more years as an RTS only local fleet even if it has to be the 4900-5200s all moving there.

Archived