Mother Clara Hale Bus Depot

Ty24

West Farms also took the Bx19...it used to be out of MCH!

Yes but that was way before it closed down, like in 2001/2002. Seen it on various bus fleet. It was out for a month or so out of AMS(Old) and then went to WF, while Bx40/42 were being moved to GH for more room.. Since then other buses were being transferred to MCH.. Tho i dunno if the Bx19 would go bk to MCH..

I dunno if the Bx19 was a part of the closure transfers of MCH, unless im wrong.

From what I remember, MCH used to host the M1, M2, M7, M60, Bx32/33, Bx15, Bx19 and several others, although I could be wrong about the few listed above. The depot was mixed with VIIs, Vs and RTSs, although from what I remember, they had a rather short allotment of RTSs. When MCH closed down, the buses that were stored at the depot were sent to various places.

Several 6000 series Vs were sent to Gun Hill, Casey Stengel & Staten Island, the older batch of Vs went to Amsterdam & Kingsbridge. The RTSs were shafted off to Manhattanville with some going to Michael J Quill Depot. Then became the major route swaps, when West Farms took over some of the former MCH routes, ex-MJQ's M96 became a part of Manhattanville along with the M60 that was pretty much a new arrival for Manhattanville.

I hope this helps. My knowledge about the former MCH routes is limited but the buses I know where they went :)

From what I remember, MCH used to host the M1, M2, M7, M60, Bx32/33, Bx15, Bx19 and several others, although I could be wrong about the few listed above. The depot was mixed with VIIs, Vs and RTSs, although from what I remember, they had a rather short allotment of RTSs. When MCH closed down, the buses that were stored at the depot were sent to various places.

Several 6000 series Vs were sent to Gun Hill, Casey Stengel & Staten Island, the older batch of Vs went to Amsterdam & Kingsbridge. The RTSs were shafted off to Manhattanville with some going to Michael J Quill Depot. Then became the major route swaps, when West Farms took over some of the former MCH routes, ex-MJQ's M96 became a part of Manhattanville along with the M60 that was pretty much a new arrival for Manhattanville.

I hope this helps. My knowledge about the former MCH routes is limited but the buses I know where they went :(

Hmm i thought Bx15 wasnt out of it, except way before.. Was the M102 a part of MCH before 100th St depot opened?

Hmm i thought Bx15 wasnt out of it, except way before.. Was the M102 a part of MCH before 100th St depot opened?

Curtis corrected me on the Bx15 part.

You know, I lived near the 101/102 when they went downtown and I never knew what depot they were located at! I think that they were located out of Hudson Pier or MCH. I'm not 100% sure

You know, I lived near the 101/102 when they went downtown and I never knew what depot they were located at! I think that they were located out of Hudson Pier or MCH. I'm not 100% sure

The m101 was formally under MVs control. I do remember M102 using MCH buses since it loops the depot. So i guess that was before.. And M103 was from 126th?

Before old 100th Street Depot M86,M96,M101,M102 and M103. When Old 100 Street Depot Close M79, M86 and M102 went to MJQ Depot and M101, M103 went to Manhattanvillie Depot.

David:cool:

(NYCT)I miss this logo

Before old 100th Street Depot M86,M96,M101,M102 and M103. When Old 100 Street Depot Close M79, M86 and M102 went to MJQ Depot and M101, M103 went to Manhattanvillie Depot.

David:cool:

(NYCT)I miss this logo

Since when was MJQ open before 2004? Unless it was Hudson Piers at the time. And i dont remember the m102 apart of MJQ/Hudson

dont you forget. when West Farms Depot/Walnut depot was shut down in

1995. and re open 2003. Mother Clara Hale Depot used to control the route

Bx21.?

Idk about the Bx21.. Im wondering what former depots covered WF. Maybe walnut..

when WF/Walnut have been shut down in 1995 or 1996.

WF never sent 1996 RTS Nova BUS ( WF had #8806 - #8857

in 1995.) to Mother Clara Hale Depot. and Mother Clara Hale Depot cant even

handle 1996 RTS Nova Bus. Mother Clara Hale Depot had only

1990 RTS , 1993 - 1995 orion5 in 1998 that had #6000 series.

#8806 - #8857 have been sent to Kingsbridge Depot.

and if you talk about Micheal J. Quill Depot. where it is located at.

Micheal j. Quill Depot located at fromer GreyHound Bus Depot..

that in 11th Avenue. am i mistaking?

MJQ Depot located at 11th Ave between 40th Street & 41th Street. I used to report to MJQ Depot an Traffic Checker also my father who is B/O at MJQ Depot now retire been there over 10 years.

David

HART Service Attedant

Tampa,Florida:cool:

(NYCT)i miss this logo

(6)<6> is favorite line bcause of my home line.

when WF/Walnut have been shut down in 1995 or 1996.

WF never sent 1996 RTS Nova BUS ( WF had #8806 - #8857

in 1995.) to Mother Clara Hale Depot. and Mother Clara Hale Depot cant even

handle 1996 RTS Nova Bus. Mother Clara Hale Depot had only

1990 RTS , 1993 - 1995 orion5 in 1998 that had #6000 series.

#8806 - #8857 have been sent to Kingsbridge Depot.

stopgrammartime.jpg

• 1 year later...
It is official! The new MCH depot is now scheduled to be complete by July of 2013. The closure and subsequent demolition of 126st will follow!

This still raises one of the biggest questions...where would the M15 and its army of runs go?

Archived