Diners choke on Nathan's price hike: Hot dogs now cost $3.15

Harry

That's one expensive weenie.

The original Nathan's Famous in Coney Island is charging $3.15 for a plain hot dog - a price many longtime customers are finding hard to swallow.

"Wow, that's steep," said electrician Frank Lehman, 32, as he stopped by the popular Brooklyn eatery for lunch. "I had no idea they cost that much now. I could buy a whole package of hot dogs for that much."

Nathan's officials said rising costs for everything from beef to buns forced the landmark store at 1310 Surf Ave. to plump their prices.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/money/2009/11/08/2009-11-08_putting_bite_on_diners_nathans_hikes_price_of_its_hot_dogs_to_gulp_315.html#ixzz0WI1tqjGe

post-1-133288581141_thumb.jpg

No thanks! I will buy at a local Hot dog stand for 1.50/2.00.. Oh no wait! Spend $3.15 or less on buying my own 6-8 Pack of franks at a Super Market! Or not spend it on any frank and save for something else!

Sorry, Nathan's hot dogs > *

I also enjoy the fries and other offerings when i visit the coney island caviar capitol. :cool:

Is the price for a classic, or regular? If it's for classic i understand, because they make them specifically for Nathan's, no one else uses them.

- A

At my local Marketside grocery store, I see a package of eight Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs for $3.95. They're good grilled and with a little Gulden's. At my local K Mart cafe, there are two Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs for $2.00.

But, You Know, I guess $3.15 is like everything else: $11.00 haircuts; 75 cents Daily and $2.00 Sunday newspapers; 42 cents stamps; $3.99 Bag of potato chips; $95.00 per night hotel rooms.

(H)ow ironic (M)y wife is cooking my (N)athan's ;) as I speak;) (K)<R>

She's cooking your Nathan. Doesn't that burn n hurt????????

No hot dog is worth that much...

John Bobbit would beg to differ. I would think it cost him an arm n a leg to get his back..........

Now to be serious. I only been to that Nathan's a couple of times in my life, and they are overrated to me. Grays is good, but I prefer the ones at a little shop here in Downtown Yonkers. Sadly the original owners don't own it anymore, as they retired. They were Portuguese (is one a Portugoose???)

The new owners still make those delicious franks n chilli though.......

Archived