Staten Island Railway With New SMS'ed R43's

Sea Beach

I went to Staten Island today and saw a few new SMS'ed R43 (44). This was my 1st time going on the SIR I liked it.

St George

IMG_2656.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

Grasmere

This T/O was very nice to me,he waved Hi and honked the horn at me

IMG_2660.jpg

IMG_2662.jpg

IMG_2663.jpg

IMG_2664.jpg

IMG_2668.jpg

Various Shots

IMG_2669.jpg

New SIR Logo

IMG_2670.jpg

Enjoy ;)

-(V)

Thanks Guys ;)

There also known as R43's which alot of people dont know.

I'm sorry to tell you, but R43 is not an official designation for the R44s in Staten Island. They are regular R44s, modified for usage on the freight road in Staten Island.

I see,but look on this page at the bottom,weird huh?: http://www.nycsubway.org/cars/r44renumber.html

It's still incorrect, you can't have two R43s. Sure, they had two different R40As (Slants and Straights) but they were made under the same contract. R43 and R44 are two different contracts, hence them being two different cars.

Nice photos and videos from the SIR, I for some reason am totally stumped, R-43 SIR Car and R-43 Locomotive... What the?!?

Get it straight, Staten Island's fleet is R44. All R44, and nothing but R44, and not R43.

Nice photos and videos from the SIR, I for some reason am totally stumped, R-43 SIR Car and R-43 Locomotive... What the?!?

Nice pics!

Thanks Guys ;)

My response:

NYCSubway.org Fail, T/O Fail, C/R Fail and Station Agent Fail...

LOL,looks like NYCSubway made a big mistake :confused:

Nice shots. I always do the ferry, then SIR to Grasmere, then S53 to Bay Ridge, or the other way around. Nice route it is!

Thanks Paul :o

oo,the S53 is over there? I couldve taken that to Bay Ridge then gotten home from there,that does seem like a very nice route

Thanks Guys ;)

LOL,looks like NYCSubway made a big mistake :confused:

Thanks Paul :o

oo,the S53 is over there? I couldve taken that to Bay Ridge then gotten home from there,that does seem like a very nice route

Yup S53 goes there, You could of also taken the S79 which passes by some SIRTOA stations (V)!

Nice shots. I always do the ferry, then SIR to Grasmere, then S53 to Bay Ridge, or the other way around. Nice route it is!

yeah our route the other way sometimes lol Bk> SI> Man.

<R>402 <R>436 who cares (N)ice pics from (S)hoalin':tup:

lol,your right.

Thanks! :P

Yup S53 goes there, You could of also taken the S79 which passes by some SIRTOA stations (V)!

I see,thanks.

Slammin pics! Grasmere reminds me of a narrow PATCO station.

Yo SIR, I like how you are free to ride (with the exception of getting on/off Saint George) and Ima let you finish, but PATCO has the best RFW ever!

LMFAOOOO

If it is true that the SIR R-44's aren't then yeah, an Epic Fail it is!

Not only the .org site, the MTA Staff in Staten Island, they were telling me it is R-44M or R-43, so I say they are EPIC FAIL and EPIC FAILURE IN COMMUNICATION (capitalized on purpose to mimic FailBlog).

they're R44's.

Only an (MTA) official can confirm that,lol. But it is based off an R44,so it can also be R44M (Modified) like Awwang said

Archived