The R46 Thread

EE Broadway Local

The good thing about the R44/R46 is the LED's. :cool: I would love to ride on a R44/46 car sometime.

There not LED signs. It's an LCD sign that is back lite with a florescent light. The signs really suck and they should have left the 1 piece rollsigns in or replaced them with the same signs on the R42s.

There not LED signs. It's an LCD sign that is back lite with a florescent light. The signs really suck and they should have left the 1 piece rollsigns in or replaced them with the same signs on the R42s.
Thanks for the correction, but I personally think that they would've looked nice if they weren't squared.

Thanks for the correction, but I personally think that they would've looked nice if they weren't squared.

The rollsigns they had when the left for GOH were nice. The looked alot better then the LCD signs which mess up alot. The sign box for the R46 were nice and rounded on the inside. One limitation was that they only had the routes for Jamaica Yard which at one time included the (N)

Cool hahaaaha (H)e said (B)ing (B)ong lol I thought it was (D)ing (D)ong

Ding dong is for the R44-68s, Bing Bong is the new tech chime. I hate it more and more each time I hear it. It was better when they did not have the chime, if you got hit with the doors once, you thought twice about doing it again. Now the air powered doors on the R10s were supposed to be something. I was told by an old time Motorman that people never held them. If you got caught in those doors you were done.

Ding dong is for the R44-68s, Bing Bong is the new tech chime. I hate it more and more each time I hear it. It was better when they did not have the chime, if you got hit with the doors once, you thought twice about doing it again. Now the air powered doors on the R10s were supposed to be something. I was told by an old time Motorman that people never held them. If you got caught in those doors you were done.

tssshhhhhhh........................SLAM

Learning is always a worthwhile endeavor. I feel quite useless up there most of the time; I have no idea how to do much of anything with a trolley or a subway car.

Hey you done a good deed under there with those motor leads, that's how you learn...maybe if it's slow one day we'll go through basic motors/air brakes some time. Even if you have little interest in the "science" behind it, its great to know for operations so that like a MOTORMAN and not a TRAIN OPERATOR you can troubleshoot basic problems on the road. ;)

Archived