MTA bus driver who hit FIT student had been suspended for texting

Harry

this is a lesson for all the soon to be bus operator in this forum its not that easy on the road you all ways have to be alert because things like this do happen and i feel sorry for the kids family and the bus operator his life will change now and mta will allways be watching him and waiting to hang him

Agreed poor kid yes but for instance I work downtown and if I had to count how many peeps jump in front of me I would lose count ,(S)outh (F)erry /Water for one I cannot tell you how many peeps just walk like if I'm not there and the light is green ,

This B/O will be watched forever .

Church/(F)ulton I thought 34/(6) was A hard turn but this block is A horror show ,look The only way we could prevent this ((N)ot getting in the path of (V)ehicular traffic) is to simply do what my mom tought me to do cross in the (G)reen and not in between ,Don't provoke us just wait to cross when it's safe to do so ,It's as simple as that if you wanna live (K)<R> out

You would feel differentif it was your kid. Texting while driving a bus whether it hasd to do with the accident or not is wrong and punishment should be handed out accordingly.

so if someone drunk drove years ago, hit a tree, hurt only themself...faced the music...now years later that person hits someone while sober...they should be charged with drunk driving?

Cops will ticket a bus driver who mowed down a college student on his first day back from a suspension for texting while driving, police said Wednesday.

I'm not cop, but I am sure that it is illegal. You can't issue a ticket or arrest someone for an action that took place before there was a law against it. Traffic tickets sure as hell can't be issued unless an officer was a witness to the infraction. I jope that if they do give him a ticket on his first day back, that he gets a good lawyer and sues the city.

I'm not cop, but I am sure that it is illegal. You can't issue a ticket or arrest someone for an action that took place before there was a law against it. Traffic tickets sure as hell can't be issued unless an officer was a witness to the infraction. I jope that if they do give him a ticket on his first day back, that he gets a good lawyer and sues the city.
Absolutly Correct you Cannot be charged for something that has already happened which in his case He already served Suspension for I think he better call tha NYCLU and get a good Attorney

You would feel differentif it was your kid. Texting while driving a bus whether it hasd to do with the accident or not is wrong and punishment should be handed out accordingly.
No what I think tha MTA & NYCT should do is educate tha Public that it is not ok to try and beat the Bus you are more likely to survive getting hit by a car than by something that's 40,000+ Pounds and is made out of Metal and Steel time and time again this is tha case people often in a hurry and dont think about tha consequence behind it

but may God rest this Guy's soul and I hope tha MTA & NYCT doesn't try to put this Operator through tha ringer as they usually do because it's always tha riding Public who they believe before they even hear their employees side. sad fact but true

Cops will ticket a bus driver who mowed down a college student on his first day back from a suspension for texting while driving, police said Wednesday.

well that about wraps it up for this guy.......so much media attention to this.......

He didnt get a summons for texting he got it for failure to yield to a pedestrian.

He didnt get a summons for texting he got it for failure to yield to a pedestrian.
Whoa you have to be Kidding me tha Cops issued him a Citation. from what it sounds like tha Light was not in tha Pedestrians favor maybe if tha NYPD would dig it's heels in and get like tha LAPD and issue Citations for jaywalking people would understand crossing against tha Light is not only Dangerous but can be deadly

I do cross against tha light when there is nothing coming but some people are blatant enough to do it when there is something coming

No what I think tha MTA & NYCT should do is educate tha Public that it is not ok to try and beat the Bus you are more likely to survive getting hit by a car than by something that's 40,000+ Pounds and is made out of Metal and Steel time and time again this is tha case people often in a hurry and dont think about tha consequence behind it

but may God rest this Guy's soul and I hope tha MTA & NYCT doesn't try to put this Operator through tha ringer as they usually do because it's always tha riding Public who they believe before they even hear their employees side. sad fact but true

well said i agree with you a 100% !!!!

. today i was driving out the ferry in my bus and it was very wet and rainy a lady wanted a bus that already left the bay street shelter she runs in front of a oncoming bus that she paid no mine to because she really wanted the bus that already had pulled away and got hit by a car that was speeding around a bus that was servicing a bus stop ,most new yorkers have no patients ... everything is hurry up and wait, rush to get no where fast , a rat race to nowhere , this is the stuff we have to deal with every day and it's sad :tdown:

Believe it or not I am very happy that the majority of the buses I drive have camera systems on them. I have nothing to worry about cause I don't drive like an animal. I cover my brakes when passing intersections, blow my horn when needed, keep my distance and take my space. For those B/O's that oppose camera systems on buses are most likely doing something wrong. As far as anything that happens with a MTA employee the story will be twisted and spun so many ways so the public will hate us. This is something the MTA wants; they want their blue collar workers to shine in this light especially with the contract BS and Mike Bloomberg media outlets feeding the BS. If anything NYPD should step up and enforce jaywalking laws like stated before. I have notice they did put up barricades along 14 street from university pl to Irving st but are all move due to people not want to cross at the CROSSWALKS!!!!! For the FIT student family that was killed, my heart feels for you.

Archived