My Fantasy Subway Map & Track Maps

NX Express

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Version 2.1 now released:rock:

FantasySubwayMap-2.jpg

Changes: (K) is added as a Lefferts Fulton exp.

Another (K)!:P

Is the Only difference between the (K) and the (A) is that the (K) goes to Lefferts?

The stations on the Flushing extension look really spread out! :P Is this because the LIRR is close by?

Why is the 7 line crooked from TS to the Javits center? Shouldn't it be more like a right angle?

It's drawn that way to go through all the text there.

Another (K)!:(

Is the Only difference between the (K) and the (A) is that the (K) goes to Lefferts?

The stations on the Flushing extension look really spread out! :P Is this because the LIRR is close by?

1. Yes

2. There is also ample bus service.

The names of the new Broadway and Jamaica lines are hard to read. Is the new Broadway one the (U) and the Jamaica one the (8)? If it is called the (8), I think it would be better to call it a letter, like (P).

It's called the <W>, since it is a Flushing exp, where the (W) runs.

The other one is called the (8) because:

( T )( U )( Y )( Z ) are taken up.

( X ) might be confused with the ( NX ).

( P ) can be called toilet humor. The ( 8 ) is still a B div line.

It's called the <W>, since it is a Flushing exp, where the (W) runs.

The other one is called the (8) because:

( T )( U )( Y )( Z ) are taken up.

( X ) might be confused with the ( NX ).

( P ) can be called toilet humor. The ( 8 ) is still a B div line.

We should go back to the double-letter system and assign unique letters only to routes (A and AA for (A) and (C), or F and FF for (F) and (V)) or take letters from other alphabets—maybe even create other shapes. We already have a (JFK), so that's not entirely ridiculous.

We should go back to the double-letter system and assign unique letters only to routes (A and AA for (A) and (C), or F and FF for (F) and (V)) or take letters from other alphabets—maybe even create other shapes. We already have a (JFK), so that's not entirely ridiculous.
That'll just make the route designations more confusing.

That'll just make the route designations more confusing.

Then how about coming up with a better solution? If the MTA ever expands enough to require more letters than available, what should it do? I only put forth what was done before or what was readily available on top of my head.

This is a 2 Avenue - bound Tempfile.jpg train. The next stop is 23 St.

Epic fail, if you ask me.

Actually, you turned it into an epic fail. You could've called it a ingot or brick.

Symbols with common brief names are preferred:

(♊) ← "Gemini," not "joined double I"

(Δ) ← "delta," not "isosceles triangle"

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjvQRerJu0g

Then how about coming up with a better solution? If the MTA ever expands enough to require more letters than available, what should it do? I only put forth what was done before or what was readily available on top of my head.
I doubt that the MTA would use all the letters in the alphabet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• (Q) or (T) could go to Throggs Neck
  • Eliminate the (K)
  • Eliminate the U train
  • Change Jerome Ave Line back to IRT (4)
  • Have the (7) and (N) run together on the Flushing Line
  • Have the (W) go to Astoria
  • Have the (V) run from 71st St to Euclid Ave via 2nd Ave and Fulton St LCL instead of 6th Ave LCL
  • Introduce a <3> New Lots Express - No JKF (3) commuter doesnt want to ride a Brooklyn Local train
  • Introduce <F> Express train via Queens Super Express, 6th Ave Local, and Culver Express. Just have the regular (F) train run its normal route

• (Q) or (T) could go to Throggs Neck-That would be a long haul.

• Eliminate the (K)-Why?

• Eliminate the U train-Why? A crosstown on 125 is really needed

• Change Jerome Ave Line back to IRT (4)-Why? My idea reduces overcrowding on the Lex and gives some passengers to the (T)

• Have the (7) and (N) run together on the Flushing Line-That would be hard to design and the (N) is already QBL Super-Exp

• Have the (W) go to Astoria- The extension of the Flushing Line requires a B Div train

• Have the (V) run from 71st St to Euclid Ave via 2nd Ave and Fulton St LCL instead of 6th Ave LCL-If anywhere, it's to Lefferts. BTW, where would the (C) go then?

• Introduce a <3> New Lots Express - No JFK (3) commuter doesnt want to ride a Brooklyn Local train-But how would it run?

• Introduce <F> Express train via Queens Super Express, 6th Ave Local, and Culver Express. Just have the regular (F) train run its normal route-That might confuse some. My idea is virtually the same, but the regular (F) is the (V). Also, how would CI handle all those ( F ) and < F > trains?

My questions/comments in lime. Some of your ideas are not bad. Will be considered before Transit Chief Analyzer NX Express:p

My 2 cents....

You can't just cut the (4) back like that for multiple reasons. Livonia Yard is in a place where it cant be expanded (google map it, the neighborhood would be pissed) and its used to store cars for all the Brooklyn IRT Lines. neither can Lenox Yard be expanded. The (4) is more centrally located in Manhattan than the (T) so a lot of people would just change at 149. the (4) does have massive delays but it doesn't have a Bx express service (it should be expresses to Woodlawn Locals to Burnside) And you have it going to SI so essentially if one thing goes wrong at either end, service is screwed. One idea thats been thrown around is to extend the (T) via 3rd ave in the Bronx. but id leave it as a 2 borough route at most. The (3) could be extended via Sedgwick to give another alternative (not sure where to end it though).

The current alignment of the (D) has it aligned to go across Burke Av (if it cut straight thru Bronx Park) it could still connect to the (5) @GunHill Road (turning when Burke and GH cross) and it could have more stops (WP Road, Boston Rd, GunHill/Seymour (5), Bartow Av, Co-op City).

An Allerton Avenue stop on the Dyre Av (5)

The (7) makes the Roosevelt av line what it is and i dont get the point of it looping around and ending at W 4th ST.

I feel like several of these extensions would just replace the buses that serve the areas fine right now.. (F) to 268 is overkill, Springfield at most and if they gave the Q43 LTD service all the day it might not be needed. The (N) to Rosedale via Merrick not needed Q5/Q85 is fine, The (W) to Bell Blvd (via which street exactly?) is definitely overkill because theres like 8 Flushing routes that go that way, the QM2/2A/3 and Port Washington Branch. How/Why is the (:) going to 242? Besides the fact that that part of the Bx is extremely mountainous, the Bx10 essentially makes that connection. The Y is killing the Q44 and the Bx6 (which is an odd alignment)

If more parking rules/rules to keep people out of bus lanes 125 would be fine. SBS would be a better fix than a line that makes 6 stops.

I like the (3) extension

the LGA airtrain is making too many connections. 74 st doesnt need any more people than what it gets now (plus the q33 and q47 go to LGA) and college point is so random of a terminal... id just stick with ditmars or run it along junction blvd to roosevelt

My 2 cents....

You can't just cut the (4) back like that for multiple reasons. Livonia Yard is in a place where it cant be expanded (google map it, the neighborhood would be pissed) and its used to store cars for all the Brooklyn IRT Lines. neither can Lenox Yard be expanded. I don't know about the yard, maybe a new one can be built somewhere. It's fantasy, after all. The (4) is more centrally located in Manhattan than the (T) so a lot of people would just change at 149. A ton of people want the Far East Side. The (4) does have massive delays but it doesn't have a Bx express service (it should be expresses to Woodlawn Locals to Burnside) And you have it going to SI so essentially if one thing goes wrong at either end, service is screwed. The SAS is four tracks for a reason. And service can be cut at either St. George or 149. One idea thats been thrown around is to extend the (T) via 3rd ave in the Bronx. but id leave it as a 2 borough route at most. There are a lot of 3-boro routes right now ((2)(4)(5)(A)(:)(D)(F)(R)(N)(W)(J)(M)(Z)) so I don't see a problem.The (3) could be extended via Sedgwick to give another alternative (not sure where to end it though).

The current alignment of the (D) has it aligned to go across Burke Av (if it cut straight thru Bronx Park) it could still connect to the (5) @GunHill Road (turning when Burke and GH cross) and it could have more stops (WP Road, Boston Rd, GunHill/Seymour (5), Bartow Av, Co-op City).

An Allerton Avenue stop on the Dyre Av (5)Is that a suggestion or what?

The (7) makes the Roosevelt av line what it is and i dont get the point of it looping around and ending at W 4th ST. Give the Far West Side service.

I feel like several of these extensions would just replace the buses that serve the areas fine right now. (F) to 268 is overkill, Springfield at most and if they gave the Q43 LTD service all the day it might not be needed. True, maybe not to 268, but the extension replaces several buses in the area. The (N) to Rosedale via Merrick not needed Q5/Q85 is fine, See above The (W) to Bell Blvd (via which street exactly?) is definitely overkill because theres like 8 Flushing routes that go that way, the QM2/2A/3 and Port Washington Branch. See above How/Why is the (B) going to 242? Besides the fact that that part of the Bx is extremely mountainous, the Bx10 essentially makes that connection. Underground, and since I don't live there, I have no clue about ridership. The Y is killing the Q44 and the Bx6 (which is an odd alignment) The extension replaces several buses in the area.

If more parking rules/rules to keep people out of bus lanes 125 would be fine. SBS would be a better fix than a line that makes 6 stops.

Never going to happen in a place like NYC

I like the (3) extension

The LGA airtrain is making too many connections. 74 st doesnt need any more people than what it gets now (plus the q33 and q47 go to LGA) and college point is so random of a terminal... id just stick with ditmars or run it along junction blvd to rooseveltTo Astoria connection is to give Manhattan service and get rid of the M60, 74 St connects to QBL and the (7), and College Point is for the (Y).

Comments in red

I thought SAS was only going to be 2 tracks...

idk i just like the (4) as is

The Allerton Av stop is a suggestion because I never understood why it was never built. theres a decent service gap in that area

if Your looking to give the Far West Side more service then you could run the (7) via west St and terminate at the Fulton st complex

I can understand the (F) to Springfield because the Q43 is a mess and maybe the (N) but no way on the (W) that would be far too much service for that area (depending on which streets it runs on). The LIRR does the job quite well over there. the (:P isnt needed thats literally the Bx10 route (it connects the (1),(4) and (D))

Archived