My Fantasy Subway Map & Track Maps

NX Express

I thought SAS was only going to be 2 tracks...

That's a very bad idea for the (MTA)

idk i just like the (4) as is

Efficiency is more important than liking

The Allerton Av stop is a suggestion because I never understood why it was never built. theres a decent service gap in that area

Never been there, no idea

if Your looking to give the Far West Side more service then you could run the (7) via west St and terminate at the Fulton st complex

That's almost my idea, except the Fulton St part. I think there is enough underground crowding south of W4.

I can understand the (F) to Springfield because the Q43 is a mess and maybe the (N) but no way on the (W) that would be far too much service for that area (depending on which streets it runs on). The LIRR does the job quite well over there. Kill the like 7 buses that go there. the (B) isnt needed thats literally the Bx10 route (it connects the (1),(4) and (D))Then kill the Bx10, if the MTA likes killing routes.

Replies in red.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought SAS was only going to be 2 tracks...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I had heard the 2nd Avenue Subway would be built two levels tall, at least in some areas, to allow for express service. OF course, like the 63rd street tunnel, only one level would be put in service initially.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I had heard the 2nd Avenue Subway would be built two levels tall, at least in some areas, to allow for express service. OF course, like the 63rd street tunnel, only one level would be put in service initially.

Trust me, it would be amazing for the (MTA) to even leave provision for the lower level, let alone actually building it!

Considering that this is a fantasy map...

Express for the (1), (2), (4), and the removal of (5) to Nereid. Its useless to have two local trains heading to Nereid and 241st respectively.

By (4) exp, don't you mean (T)? Pay attention. It helps;)

----------------------------------------------------------

Also, there already is a <T>, that runs on SEPARATE express tracks in Manhattan. Making the (T) and <T> run on the same tracks in Bronx during weekdays would lower frequency.

BTW- Here is the service pattern for the (T)<T>:

Rush hours and Middays:

(T)-125 St to St. George, Local

<T>- Woodlawn to Tottenville, express in Manhattan, Local in SI and Bx.

Evenings and Weekends:

(T)-Woodlawn to Tottenville, Local

<T>- Woodlawn to Tottenville, express in Manhattan, Local in SI and Bx.

Late nights:

(T)- Woodlawn to Tottenville, Local

<T>- No service

Version 2.3 has come.

FantasySubwayMap-5.jpg

Route changes: (1)(3)

Track changes: New express tracks are built both directions between 168 St and north of 215 St. These new tracks have a capacity to make 215 St a local terminal and to make 168 St. an "express((3))" terminal.

Service Pattern:

Rush hour and middays:

(1)- to 215 St via local tracks

(3)- to 242 St via 148 St line and BOTH DIRECTIONS express to 215 St

Evenings:

(1)- to 242 St via local tracks

(3)- to 242 St via 148 St line and BOTH DIRECTIONS express to 215 St

Weekends and late nights:

(1)- to 242 St via local tracks

(3)- to 168 St via 148 St line

Also, check out my track maps here (don't want to post them all)

BTW-should I include the (V) to Metropolitan in my next map?

Just remember not to limit yourself to how the MTA thinks.

BTW #2- Forgot to say this before-QBL Super-Exp now stops at 61 St-Woodside.

It's just an express with a different stop. :P

Is the (1)(3) thing a good idea? I have never been in that area, so IDK.

To be honest, I don't think so. Plus if anything they could just run an express 1, but the thing is all the local stops are heavily used making express service worthless. It would be nice if there was a 3rd set of tracks from Dyckman to 168th, but after that I don't think express service would work beyond that. But if it was a reverse peak train [ie: bring trains back to the other end sooner so more trains can get back to the side that's most used*, then it might work]

I still do not think there's a need to extend the 2/5 to Queens. Kings Plaza Mall is enough. The Q35 bus can take riders the rest of the way to Rockaway Park. The only thing needed is to combine the Q35 and Q22 into one continuous route. No need for the subway to go there, especially since there's really no demand [see the ridership numbers for all the Rockaway Park S stops].

*am rush hours, the 1 could have some trains run express n/b to the Bronx to get more trains to return back s/b more quickly.

To be honest, I don't think so. Plus if anything they could just run an express 1, but the thing is all the local stops are heavily used making express service unnecessary.

an express (1) would decrease service @ local stops.

I still do not think there's a need to extend the 2/5 to Queens. Kings Plaza Mall is enough. The Q35 bus can take riders the rest of the way to Rockaway Park. The only thing needed is to combine the Q35 and Q22 into one continuous route. No need for the subway to go there, especially since there's really no demand [see the ridership numbers for all the Rockaway Park S stops].This isn't a bus map, but I agree with the Q35-Q22 idea.

Answers in sienna.

But it makes the same amount of stops.

And that's why it's slower. If the (3) doesn't stop at all, it may take a longer route, but it will still beat the (1). The (3) not only takes a longer route, but it doesn't even make less stops, so it is slower.

Answers in sienna.

I understand it isn't a bus map, but I do ride the Q35 from time to time. I can tell you [and anyone else that keeps bringing up the 'extend the 2/5 to Rockaways' idea] that it is not needed. The bus is good enough.

For the 1, I understand it'll take away trains, but CenSin is right, the 3 will be making a long detour just to get back to Broadway. Riders would be better off staying on the 1 than to take the 3 to come back for a few skipped stops. I understand it is your map, but I'm just giving my 2 cents.

So, should I do this:

Proposed service:

(1)-Local

(9)-Express

Here is the service pattern for the (1)(9):

Rush hours and Middays:

(1)-215 St to Cortlandt Street, Local

(9)- 242 St to South Ferry, peak direction express between 96 and 215

Evenings:

(1)-242 St to South Ferry, Local

(9)- 242 St to South Ferry, peak direction express between 96 and 215

Weekends and late nights:

(1)- 242 St to South Ferry, Local

(9)- No service

How could you bring back the (9) & have it skip 181st. People will be annoyed. Not sure, guess I will add it. The (9) doesn't need to stop at 215st since all I know that is there is the dept. of sanitation building & Kingsbridge depot. The local ends there, and it needs a transfer to the express. What is the (U) train's southern terminal? Please read. Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard-Laguardia Airport. I love the map Thanks.

Comments in red

I still find the Z and 8 to be a bit of an oddity. Why couldn't they be combined?

Although it sounds good,

• The (8) is a Kings Highway crosstown.

• The (Z) is the sole service at Canarsie during the rush and middays.

• They might have different frequencies.

• If they are combined, a delay on one branch screws up the other.

• Nobody is going to ride the full, circuitous route. If they wanted to, the (R) is faster.

Archived