My Fantasy Subway Map & Track Maps

NX Express

…maybe it's out of respect for the way you designed your map. Most people reserve their opinion for blatantly stupid designs, but leave room for creative freedom. I might not like the fact that your service options might be the cause of delays (where there is a lot of track switching), or that no services are available to people in central Bronx (Third Avenue line), but that's something you're entitled to.

Since everyone seems to want a 3 Av line, I will make one. Stay tuned.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
…maybe it's out of respect for the way you designed your map. Most people reserve their opinion for blatantly stupid designs, but leave room for creative freedom. I might not like the fact that your service options might be the cause of delays (where there is a lot of track switching), or that no services are available to people in central Bronx (Third Avenue line), but that's something you're entitled to.

Since everyone seems to want a 3 Av line, I will make one. Stay tuned.

:rock:

Version 14!!!

Changes:

1. The (1) is cut back to 242 Street to simplify switching where the (4) terminates. The (-_- is extended to replace it.

2. The (:P(D) trains are rerouted from the Grand Concourse to 3 Avenue to prevent waste and cover the gap.

FantasySubwayMap-16.jpg

Also, CenSin, if you see any places for potential delays, tell me. I'll either explain or change them if possible.

It's like service cuts to the Concourse:mad:

If you reroute the (-_-/(D) trains, the (T) would be jammed up in the BX

Well, the <T> (in rush hours) doesn't share tracks with any other service (unlike the (4)). This lets it have a higher TPH.

Maybe send the (Y) up 3ave or the Concourse

That would be too much service. Bronx is not THAT densely populated, is it?

It's like service cuts to the Concourse:mad:

If you reroute the (B)/(D) trains, the (T) would be jammed up in the BX

Maybe send the (Y) up 3ave or the Concourse

It should be fine if he is making it a BMT line, and since this is a fantasy map, one with four tracks. That would more than handle the crowding on the Jerome Line.

It should be fine if he is making it a BMT line, and since this is a fantasy map, one with four tracks. That would more than handle the crowding on the Jerome Line.

I actually thought it would be three tracks. Since the <T> that would serve Jerome in rush hours would not share tracks with any other services, it should have a high TPH, which would improve carrying capacity.

Send the (Y) up during rush hours & have the (Q) run express on the Concourse during Rush Hours.

Also, maybe somehow reroute the (G) to Staten Island after Church Ave

Look:

The <T> is a B-Division Line.

It does not share tracks with any other services. Therefore, it has a high TPH.

You still want the (Q)(Y)?

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you for your suggestion!!!!!

Version 16...:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

FantasySubwayMap-18.jpg

Changes: (Y) to Country Club.

May I suggest starting from scratch? The routes look very "taped together". You have an (K) express, (F) local, and (F) super-express along Queens Boulevard. That makes no sense.

May I suggest starting from scratch? The routes look very "taped together". You have an (K) express, (F) local, and (F) super-express along Queens Boulevard. That makes no sense.

What do you mean by "taped together"?

Oh yeah, BTW, the (F) super-exp and regular exp don't operate at the same time.

Archived