Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Working Hard on the Pelham Line!

RokuSix

Technically that isn't the garbage train. Garbage trains are pulled by electric cars and they have a nickname (Regular Work). The diesels are work trains (aka Road Master). I love that name they give to the garbage trains, as would think those who pull passengers, would be the "Regular Work" trains, and that train would be just plain and simple "Garbage Train"..........

But then again we do the same work, just ours talk back...;):P:P..............

Nice pics. Maybe one day you will get me on the (6), since that along with the (4) and (5), are where the crew office keeps me...........

Technically that isn't the garbage train. Garbage trains are pulled by electric cars and they have a nickname (Regular Work). The diesels are work trains (aka Road Master). I love that name they give to the garbage trains, as would think those who pull passengers, would be the "Regular Work" trains, and that train would be just plain and simple "Garbage Train"..........

Is the "Road Master" an IRT thing, I have never heard it used over in B Div.? Also, is there a different name for the track dept. garbage train that they use to pick up the orange bags they leave on the roadbed?

Is the "Road Master" an IRT thing, I have never heard it used over in B Div.? Also, is there a different name for the track dept. garbage train that they use to pick up the orange bags they leave on the roadbed?

Yes, it is. We do use different terms here for things. So goes one unified system........ As for those bags, that just might be why that diesel is pulling 1 car with garbage bales on it.........

Yes, it is. We do use different terms here for things. So goes one unified system........ As for those bags, that just might be why that diesel is pulling 1 car with garbage bales on it.........

Ah ok, I know that over in the B track garbage trains usually have several old Redbirds or R32s and one flat car. The only times I have seen a single diesel and flat have been for contractors, usually with wire spools. Out of curiosity, what are some other IRT only terms?

Archived