Be Aware of the 42nd St (S) RTO announcer Worker regarding Photography!

mark1447

The following may be a bit off.. With Curse(Censored) /Please excuse this post if its a bit messy. I typed it a few days ago at the Mac store @ 5th ave which the keyboard sucked.. Was only there for internet..

A few people know already, but others here don't. So i decided to post it anyways..

I was at 42nd st grand central grabbing pics and vids of the R62A new rap a few days ago when this RTO worker in red, with hat, blue jeans, bold (sounds jamaican), the announcer of the 42nd St Shuttle @ GC.. [The one who says which train leaves next during rh] comes behind me saying no videos here so i moved away from him to finish my vids.. I decided to go talk with him nicely but it didnt turned out well.. He comes out saying: "No taking damn pics here " i say "Its LEGAL.."

Him: I dont give a fu*k or sh9t dont come here doing that on the platform(screaming)

Me: i dont care im a rail fan like the many others

Him: I dont give a sh8t about that dont come over doing that and endangering me Ill get the cops..

Me: Idc because its legal and i can take it anywhere (Of course not restricted areas. Following the rules)

Him: i dont wanna see u doing that!

me: what ever, dont give a sh*t talking nasty to me

so i leave toward the north end of the station..

Yes I said sh(t to him, why? Because I dont care. Someone who talks in a bad way to me deserves it.. Even IF hes a t/a worker. I didnt do anything to violate the rules of the t/a.. Like many workers who know the rules but pretend they dont exist..

2 Days ago I saw him again at 59th St on the IRT Lex Line, he was on the (5) from the Bronx.. He stared at me but i started at him back in an odd way.. Since he pissed me off last week.

Anyways if anyones gonna take a Picture at 42nd/GC be AWARE! Of the that maniac! Hes the annoucer for the 42nd St Shuttle at GC, as i said above.

I should of carried the rules of course, but need a new print out.. Even though it works sometimes. And yes i could of filed a complaint to the t/a but i decided to let it be. Hes not gonna stop me from taking future pics on the IRT or anywhere. If he does i'll get the RTO written up by the t/a instead.. Like it or not.

Please do not flame because of what happened. Ill admit i said the S word but i was shocked.. Next time i wont do it, depends on my mood..

Get over it. Not the end of the world.

Just go during a different time.

Lol. Yup. I dont care it doesnt bother me tho. I havent head to that station for a few days.. I only posted it just to warn others about him..

Not for anything, but NO T/A employee should be cursing anybody........

Not going to say where or when (though a member here probably knows this), but a group of TA workers all calling out HOLLA! as a female walks by...real classy. If I had my way i'd give them time on the street for that.

Not going to say where or when (though a member here probably knows this), but a group of TA workers all calling out HOLLA! as a female walks by...real classy. If I had my way i'd give them time on the street for that.

Nah, Mr. Trump's boardroom is better.

Grand Central is another tourist spot! Lots of tourists take pictures on Grand Central even subway station!

I have seen tourists taken picture by Grand Central (S) platform often.

Yup! I saw a few people taking pics of the (S) and some with flash(Illegal) and they didnt say anything. I did stalled a bit to get shots of all tracks including a video.. So then the worker must of figured i wasnt a tourist. But doesnt mean he had to stop me with a rude mouth..

Next time, put some headphones on w/o the sound off but pretend you don't hear them! :P

Same here. Ignoring works!

Original poster: don't go there during rush hours (even though you can if you want), because of crowding. Many people that work in that station deal with stress everyday, but still cursing would not be a way of discussing a problem... So good luck.

Next time, put some headphones on w/o the sound off but pretend you don't hear them! :P

Yeah and if he sneek on me ill knock em dead:cool: lol. Kidden!

Not much of a music person but i do enjoy some classic rock

See that is the problem. Look, they are completely within their right to bother you, ask you what you are doing, etc. It sucks, but deal with it, explain yourself, and be friendly. If they curse at you, don't stoop to their level. This is just friendly advice. Getting your panties all in a bunch will do nothing to help your cause. Remember who holds the authority in that situation. Talking back will do nothing except hurt your cause and give photographers everywhere a bad reputation. If they're wrong, FINE. But telling them that repeatedly or yelling at them, or dismissing them, or cursing at them, or shoving a piece of paper in their face with a rule on it is going to do nothing except piss them off and make them suspicious of you. Being courteous and explaining yourself will work far better.

See that is the problem. Look, they are completely within their right to bother you, ask you what you are doing, etc. It sucks, but deal with it, explain yourself, and be friendly. If they curse at you, don't stoop to their level. This is just friendly advice. Getting your panties all in a bunch will do nothing to help your cause. Remember who holds the authority in that situation. Talking back will do nothing except hurt your cause and give photographers everywhere a bad reputation. If they're wrong, FINE. But telling them that repeatedly or yelling at them, or dismissing them, or cursing at them, or shoving a piece of paper in their face with a rule on it is going to do nothing except piss them off and make them suspicious of you. Being courteous and explaining yourself will work far better.

Ill admit they have the right to ask me a question, but cursing at a passanger or person while on duty sounds more of an Employee Misconduct. I dont let anyone just curse at me. Though ill admit i didnt need to curse at him back, but i still felt offended. Of course i will ignore people with no brain in them like him. Thanks for the advice Drew!

you know what, there are real jerks in the world. don't lower yourself to their level, if they curse at you, just glare at them for a second and turn away.

it's not worth the effort, so don't waste your breathe on people like this who are clearly a waste of nature.

Thanks, will do. Although if the person goes over the line i will file a complaint. And if they deny showing identification, who knows how much trouble they will be in. Though it depends, since i dont want more trouble to occur..

Exactly! Next time Mark, be the better person and just walk away. There's plenty of other spots to photograph in the subway.

the T/A makes us take class's on terror awareness. when i see alot of rail fans taking pics in certain place's it does raise a eyebrow. thats why you get approached. once you get denfensive, i dont care what you say it makes you look more suspicious. so all i have to do is call it in and get a cop on the grounds of suspicious activity. i feel railfans should have no business taking picture's of tracks, railyards or tunnels, for security purposes. remember this is a public forum so the pics are seen by more than rail fans.

the T/A makes us take class's on terror awareness. when i see alot of rail fans taking pics in certain place's it does raise a eyebrow. thats why you get approached. once you get denfensive, i dont care what you say it makes you look more suspicious. so all i have to do is call it in and get a cop on the grounds of suspicious activity. i feel railfans should have no business taking picture's of tracks, railyards or tunnels, for security purposes. remember this is a public forum so the pics are seen by more than rail fans.

So can they by using Google Earth.;) If I can take the picture without crossing into private property or restricted areas, I will. :)

i feel railfans should have no business taking picture's of tracks, railyards or tunnels, for security purposes.

Right, and I feel conductors should have no business dictating security procedures. Nor should they have any business trying to prevent lawful activity. What's your point?

To further illustrate the hilarity of your idea, the Nazi regime in Germany had implemented many policies, all in the name of "security".

And why not? Our pics are used for encyclopedic purposes: so people can actually learn something interesting about a station, such as it's design and uniqueness. This is why the proposed photography ban was an epic fail! If the ban was put in place, then people would be taking pictures illegally, thus making city lawmakers realize that it was stupid to even propose a ban in the first place. All is needed are proper security measures.

Archived